Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update of Abbey's surgery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update of Abbey's surgery

My husband just called and they called him. Abbey had 2 seizures during the night. When those words came out of his mouth I literally went to pieces. After I got it together somewhat I said I suppose they want us to put her down now. I hate writing this negative stuff but thats what I said then he started talking to me rationally. They are saying it could be alot of things and not to panick. They said she's gone through alot of stuff--not only the surgery but she had uti which is minor I know but another addition lets say. She's never ever been away from this house for a night--not even when she was spayed. She's been alone at night but I've never ever kenneled her as she has had seizures before--not that many as I have posted before but we believe that stress has triggered them. So they are saying it could be that also--she's in a strange environment and not with her mommy and daddy--I can just imagine what she is feeling--her mommy and daddy drop her off and she wakes up to that. They are also saying it could be the meds that she was on and I'm not certain about whats going on there as gabapentin is an anti-seizure medication but in her case its being used for pain. They had already called our personal vet and spoken to him. They are still saying to pick her up and she is being monitored closely so its still a go.

Pleaes please please everybody pray for her. I'm bawling as I type that. I love this dog so d a m n much--almost too much if thats possible and its just not fair to be going through this when she's only 5.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Linda I'm so sorry, I will be praying for you and Abbey. Lets hope it's only because of stress. Be brave
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Im hopeing and praying Abbey will be ok, di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

Praying here for Abbey. I hope she's okay. Hang in there- it's always okay to cry and pour your emotions out on this board.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

i can't find words, so hugs from both of us.
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that Abbey had seizures, it's scary to hear that happed to her. At least she was at the vet's office so she had medical care if she needed it...stay positive, it's a really good sign that she's going to be coming home soon, and hopefully she will recover quickly. Keep us posted on her progress, we're all keeping our fingers crossed for her!
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Linda,
    Im so sad for you. Please know we are all praying and you, your family and Abbey and you are in our thoughts.
    Love, hugs and very best wishes.

Mel XX

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you too. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey will pull through. Of course you will be in my prayers. Stay strong

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with you and little Abbey.....
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)