Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Update of Abbey's surgery

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much time but I know I would be sitting on pins and needles and have been on other dogs so wanted to just write a short note. Just left her for a second to go to the bathroom and feed the other 3 dogs.

She's home--she did have 2 seizures since getting home. ONe about a hour after getting her home and another 2 hrs. after getting all her meds at 12:15 a.m. Both my husband and I do NOT think they are stress related. He read on the net last night about tramodol and he seems to think it could be that. He is calling them this a.m.

She is MUCH better than I thought she would be so thats good. We did put the mattress on the floor (without the box spring etc) in our spare bedroom and both my husband and I slept on the floor with her in the crate next to us. The doctor did say she could sleep on the mattress or on a bed next to us but we felt she was better in the crate and she was VERY content with that as she is in the cage type crate and can see us.

Right now I have her in a children's play pen (the old fashioned kind that you can't buy anymore). I bought it a few years ago from craigslist for my grandson and its working beautiful. Gives her more room and she can see out of it etc.

I haven't even taken pictures yet and will today. Also, must say in that respect it was better than I thought too. I had seen pictures of other dogs and she just didn't seem that bad. Somebody told me tri's looked better in that respect so maybe thats why.

I have no regrets and really don't think I ever will as like I have said numerous times--both hubby and I felt we had no choice here. She probably has had symptoms all her life and she's 5 years old.

To those of you that are e-mailing me and we have spoken by phone etc. I apologize at this point I don't have time to individually e-mail you etc. but can this weekend when George-husband is around and we can take turns watching her.

Thanks for all your support and love. We all feel it!!!
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, thats sounds as if she is gonna be fine, and you sound so much better having her home, least you can see her all the time, I hope she makes a speedy recovery so you can relax a little. Poor yourself a big glass of wine and chill out with the little one. I bet she is happy to be home and that will make a big difference. Just concentrate on her for the time being, we will all be here when you do have some time, god bless abbey. di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thinking of Abbey and your family & hoping for a continued smooth recovery.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea about the seizures, I hope it is the medications. i am so glad she seems in good spirits otherwise and looks well. Keep us informed! I'm thinking of you and Abbey!

Jen and Ilsa

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, thanks for taking the time to update us. I have been checking in to see how she is. You must be relieved to have her home. My hope is that the seizures are meds. related and will subside. Fingers crossed that her recovery is as complete as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So pleased Abbey is now home with you.
    Take care of yourself as well as her.

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear Abbey is home - may she continue to make a good recovery.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a relief, I have been watching this thread. I am glad you sound like you have everything under control, watching her all the time and the play pen etc. You're a great mum. Don't you worry about emailing people, you do what you have to do for you and Abbey.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update...hope Abbey has a good recovery.

Take care of yourself too
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey's back home - thats great news. Wishing her a smooth recovery.