• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update of Abbey's surgery

linderbelle

My husband just called and they called him. Abbey had 2 seizures during the night. When those words came out of his mouth I literally went to pieces. After I got it together somewhat I said I suppose they want us to put her down now. I hate writing this negative stuff but thats what I said then he started talking to me rationally. They are saying it could be alot of things and not to panick. They said she's gone through alot of stuff--not only the surgery but she had uti which is minor I know but another addition lets say. She's never ever been away from this house for a night--not even when she was spayed. She's been alone at night but I've never ever kenneled her as she has had seizures before--not that many as I have posted before but we believe that stress has triggered them. So they are saying it could be that also--she's in a strange environment and not with her mommy and daddy--I can just imagine what she is feeling--her mommy and daddy drop her off and she wakes up to that. They are also saying it could be the meds that she was on and I'm not certain about whats going on there as gabapentin is an anti-seizure medication but in her case its being used for pain. They had already called our personal vet and spoken to him. They are still saying to pick her up and she is being monitored closely so its still a go.

Pleaes please please everybody pray for her. I'm bawling as I type that. I love this dog so d a m n much--almost too much if thats possible and its just not fair to be going through this when she's only 5.

Oh Linda I'm so sorry, I will be praying for you and Abbey. Lets hope it's only because of stress. Be brave :hug:

Praying here for Abbey. I hope she's okay. Hang in there- it's always okay to cry and pour your emotions out on this board.

I'm sorry to hear that Abbey had seizures, it's scary to hear that happed to her. At least she was at the vet's office so she had medical care if she needed it...stay positive, it's a really good sign that she's going to be coming home soon, and hopefully she will recover quickly. Keep us posted on her progress, we're all keeping our fingers crossed for her! :flwr: :xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

Oh Linda,
Im so sad for you. Please know we are all praying and you, your family and Abbey and you are in our thoughts.
Love, hugs and very best wishes.

Mel XX

Linda, lots of prayers going up for all of you, please keep posting as she recovers!

Oh, Linda, you must be sick with worry. I do hope this is a minor setback and that you can hurry and get her home if the stress is triggering the problem. Can you go sit with her in the hospital?
You are in my thoughts and prayers. :xfngr: that things take a turn for the good.

sending prayers and love and extra powerful tri-colored positive thoughts to you and little Abbey. she's going to be okay.

what a wonderful vet team that she's been monitored so closely and they are on top of her situation.

poor little thing has been through so much (as has her mommy) and you both need to be together right now.

Hang on in there, we are all thinking of you and sending you both best possible vibes.:) Stay positive for her!

Linda, how is Abbey today, I assume you've spoken to the vets, finger crossed and toes, lets hope shes feeling a bit better.:xfngr:

My prayers are with Abbey and your family. As much as we baby them they are tough little dogs and I pray she gets better quickly when home. We are all here for you -

Back