• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Should I phone neurologist?

sugarkane74

Star has been fine on her gabapentin since she was diagnosed iwth SM last year but today she has yelped twice. The first time I was stood next to her and didn't tread on her unless she thought i was about to. The 2nd time I was out of the room and didn't see her but she was burying a bonio behind a cushion when I left so maybe she was trying to get it back. It's so difficult sometimes to decipher her yelps.

I'm not sure whether to phone or wait and see if it happens again. She doesn't often yelp because of it, think the last time was about 2 months ago.

Also am thinking about changing neurologist because when I was asked to phone to let htem know how Star was doing I phoned 3-4 times and the girl that dealt with Star never phoned back. I also phoned to speak about the dosage she was on and had to ask for a senior memeber coz again the girl never called me. So really I don't have much faith in them but if I go to another neuroloigst will they want to do another MRI or go by the one I already have?

Star's fine otherwise... she's a very happy, mischevious little girl and I think I am worrying moreso now coz of pregnancy hormones too.

You should be able to get a copy of the MRI on disc and then bring it to a new neurologist. I have done that twice with Riley's MRI and both neurologists were fine looking at her original MRI on the disc. Neither of them ever suggested repeating it.

I have a paper copy that I just photocopied and gave to another neurologist. It shouldn't be a problem if it was a fairly recent MRI.

Jen and Ilsa

Back