• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet Insurance recommendations

Kat S

Can anyone recommend a good place to insure a Cavalier. I have been with one of the larger companies before and thought their service to be abysmal so I'm looking for other ideas.

As anyone simply not insured their dog and saved up for medical expenses instead? I've heard so many stories about insurance premiums going throught the roof after a claim or a company not paying out for breed specific issues. Considering the potential health costs involved I am being understandably cautious :)

I'm not sure if positive recommendations can be openly posted...if not please pm me. There must abe a place people have consistently found reliable for paying out for Cavaliers and not at a tremendously high premium.

I have petplan with 100% repayment. $50 deductables for anything. I pay about $70 a month, but I am able to rest easy with a $20,000 a year coverage.

I'm in the UK and PetPlan doesn't offer such high cover here. I'd rather avoid them if I can.
Has anyone had good experiences with other insurance companies?

Hi Kat,

I'm not sure where you're located. You might want to subscribe to my (free) newsletter. The issue coming out on Friday (5 am EST in the US) is mostly dedicated to pet insurance.

What a great coincidence, eh?

drphilzeltzman (doggie surgeon)
www.drphilzeltzman.com

i've heard good things about Axa and Sainbury's insurance, i would go for one which covers long term, and not just cover for a year and then no payout after. Both axa and sainsbury's i believe are approx £16 per months for £7,500 per condition.

Hope this is of help x

AXA and Sainsburys are very good covers for your cavalier. I am with AXA and their premium are amongst the lowest on the market.

Hope this helps

x x

Ambers Mum

:jump:

Hi,

Im with Petprotect, I pay £19 per month which is quite high but that covers me for £7000 ayear and that is life cover. So if Leo develops a illness like diabetes they will pay every year from then on not just the first.
I contacted regarding his recent MRI and they didnt quibble at all.

Im happy with them

Mel

Back