• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Not new, but it has been a long time

duncans_ma

Hello everyone. It is nice to be back in your company. My apologies for my absence over the last couple of years. When I last posted we had just gotten the 2007 Cav Calendar distributed and I am so thrilled to see that it is still being put together each year :) In January 2007 I lost my job and hubby and I moved to Birmingham, AL....since then we have been working a ton of hours, building a house, trying to start a 2-legged family and otherwise not had time for much of anything else. For now, I have started a new job working from home and our first baby, a girl, is due in July! Life really is wonderful and our two cav boys are thrilled that mommy is now home all day!

Duncan and Arthur are now almost 4 and almost 3 and still as crazy as ever. :dogwlk:

Just to update - Arthur has had some health problems - our vet made a loose diagnosis with what we thought was a murmur at not even 1.5 yrs old..we were devastated that he was affected that early in his life. We are lucky enough to have a veterinary cardiologist 1 mile from our house who we love. She diagnosed him with endocarditis and not a murmur. The endocarditis for those who don't know (as I didn't) is an bacterial infection that got to his heart. Arthur has had chronic colitis and IBS since we got him and it looks like one of his flare ups in his bowels allowed the infection to get to his heart. After 6 weeks of heavy antibiotics we saw the cardiologist again and the infection on his valve is better reducing his diagnosed "murmur" to minimal and not showing signs of MVD yet. We are on beta-blockers to keep his heart pumping slow and steady and make sure that valve doesn't experience and undue stress but we have not had any progression in 18+ months. He doesn't know anything is wrong and takes his medicine like a champ - sitting on top of his food. Needless to say any signs of a bowel flare up and we start antibiotice IMMEDIATELY!

Duncan, of course, is still a picture of health!

Really, I couldn't ask for anything more here, but I have missed all of my cavvie companions. I hope that you all don't mind if I jump back in and try and be a part of this board again.

-ashley

Hi Ashley,

I have not been on the board long, but am so glad to have found it. I'm sure you will feel like you never stopped posting soon. It is so friendly here.

So welcome back.

Hi

And hello to you ,its nice reading a story that has a good progression ,so glad that life for you and yours has turned around.:)

Best Wishes:)

Welcome back and congratulations! :D What an exciting time for you and your husband! We have a few more members who have had babies while you were away.

Hi, well you've certainly been busy whilst you've been away:). Congrats on your forthcoming event & welcome back.

Hi glad all is well for you and your boys and congrats on the baby!

Sorry to hear about Arthurs health problems...hope he continues on the road to recovery.

Last edited:
It is so great to see you back!!

Sorry about Arthur's health issues, but glad you caught it early and seems like it is pretty under control at the moment.

Congrats on the new home & baby-to-be!!!

As you'll see I got another lil' guy to keep Lucky company. :dogwlk:

Lovely to have you back :D

So sorry to hear that you've had a difficult time :( but great news about the baby :jump:

Poor Arthur, I'm sure that gave you quite a scare, but glad it is under control. I'm sure you've been told, but it's probably worth emphasising for everyone else's benefit too, that one of the best things to help control/prevent endocarditis is to keep the teeth clean, with daily brushing. It's easy to get them used to brushing, by building up from just putting a little paste on your finger and rubbing it on the teeth, then rewarding them for accepting it, to a little more each day and then full brushing.

Hope that both boys keep well and enjoy their new companion. There are other posts about introducing them to a new baby. (y)

:jump: Welcome back Ashley! :hug:Congratulations to you and hubby :flwr: Sorry to hear about the scare with Arthur but glad he's ok.
Would love to see pics of Arthur and Duncan :lotsaluv:

Thank you all for welcoming me back! It's nice to see all of you and your sweet babies doing well!:lotsaluv:

Back