• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan has trapped wind.

*Pauline*

Dylan has had a grumbling tummy for a couple of days now, generally off his food but very playful and energetic if a bit clingy. He was clearly uncomfortable yesterday, shifting about on my lap. There's no podge on this boy so it's hard to give him a tummy massage.

I feed him tinned Chappie, I know it's not the best but it's the only food he can tolerate after trying all the best quality dried foods with many episodes of colitis.

I have also been giving him Fish4Dogs dried fish skins, great for teeth but does this give wind?

Just a thought, but peppermint is a natural aid to digestion. If i ever have a poorly yummy (which happens alot with IBS) i will drink peppermint tea, this can really help. It may be worth checking if peppermint is ok for dogs and try getting Dylan to try some peppermint tea?

Pippin had major problems with colitis and thankfully now doesn't as we found out what was triggering it,but he does get wind a lot still. I can hear his tummy gurgling and he keeps running to the back door to eat grass when he gets like this.

I have found that half to one teaspoon of probiotic goats or cows milk yougurt in his evening feed has helped a lot and he has very few episodes now and very rarely has runny poo now either.

Not sure if it will help Dylan but it has helped Pippin a lot,it's so hard watching them when they are clearly uncomfortable....

I took Dylan to the vet yesterday as he passed mucus and a drop of blood. He has colitis so we got antibiotic tablets. Dylan feels much better today :D Here he was yesterday with his sore tummy, poor thing.

3348469969_55b319c456.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Dylan. Hopefully he'll bounce back from this and feel better soon.:xfngr:
Once again, a lovely picture - how do you manage it? Everytime I grab my camera the dogs move, and the moment is lost.

Poor little Dylan has had so many bouts with his tummy, bless him. Hopefully he is feeling better now that he has his treatments. :xfngr:

Back