• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anal Glands

I watched that video of the person showing how to express them - she said they were at 5:00 and 7:00? If I were to check to see if there were hard pea-sized lumps, that's where I would, right? Are they on the outside? I don't want to express anything myself, but if I can check before making a vet appointment, that would be great.

Sally has only had one episode were her glands really stunk like a cheesy smell :yuk:. It was disgusting and at first I didn't know what it was. I took her the vet and he got a lot of smelly stuff out. Since then I've asked the groomer to empty them every 8 weeks or so but the last time she said she wouldn't empty them as she's showing no signs of needing them doing. She said its not good to do them too often as it can stop them emptying themselves. Does anyone know if this is true or whether she trying to get out of doing it !

Great video - but I think I'll still leave it to the experts.:)
I can't believe she didn't have gloves on though.:eek:

Back