Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SM awareness in Finland + medication

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No that is great -- thanks so much for doing that.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Johanna, a quick question about the MRI costs:

I had understood that the 800e MRI at Aisti was without the add-ons: i.e. neurological examination, sedation etc. I thought the total cost would work out around 900e. Was I wrong?

The Viikki MRI quote of 488e was without the additional charges. When they got back to me with a complete run down of extras - the examination and sedation - it actually came out to around 600e. Still cheaper though.

Oh, and you mentioned in your Finnish account that 100mg gabapentin doses can be obtained from Yliopistonapteekki. I just want to make it clear that it was the liquid form of gabapentin for dogs (which can be given in any prescribed dose) rather than 100mg capsules (which unfortunately they don't have).
    Last edited by laram; 18th March 2009 at 12:42 PM.
    Laura

& Samwise (7 year old ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laram View Post
    Johanna, a quick question about the MRI costs:

I had understood that the 800e MRI at Aisti was without the add-ons: i.e. neurological examination, sedation etc. I thought the total cost would work out around 900e. Was I wrong?

The Viikki MRI quote of 488e was without the additional charges. When they got back to me with a complete run down of extras - the examination and sedation - it actually came out to around 600e. Still cheaper though.

Oh, and you mentioned in your Finnish account that 100mg gabapentin doses can be obtained from Yliopistonapteekki. I just want to make it clear that it was the liquid form of gabapentin for dogs (which can be given in any prescribed dose) rather than 100mg capsules (which unfortunately they don't have).
    Our MRI at Aisti was about 750€ total. And good that you corrected me on the 100mg gabapentin, I'm sure you are right. I'll ask about this when I next see the neurologist at Viikki.

Best, Johanna

Post Thanks / Like

I put up a blog where I aim to gather info in Finnish. I just got the site up, but you can check it out at: http://maurinsyringomyelia.blogit.fi/

Maybe later I will put a website up, for now, I think a blog is enough I put my contact info there as well, hopefully some SM cavalier owners from Finland will contact me!

Best, Johanna