• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Video of Abbey's symptoms

I can't imagine how difficult this has to be for you. But the fact that you are going through this and are still able to do the video not only for your own reasons but to help others recognize or be aware of the symptoms is amazing to me. You and Abbey are in our thoughts. I hope she continues to improve. Hang in there!

I was not prepared at all for her symptoms to be post-op so soon. I've talked to a handful of people that have been through this and never heard of it. I don't know if I'm overreacting or not but I've had about 13 hrs. of sleep in the past 3 days and I'm exhausted both emotionally and physically. Also, I hate even posting anymore as I feel like I'm such a downer--doesn't seem like anything to write positive. Going to be a long day. I've written on my blog but will write in here as cavalier talk holds a special place in my heart and always will as this is the site that helped me figure out that my baby did NOT have allergies and there was something else wrong with her. I talked to the neurologist yesterday and cried to the neurologist too. Taking her in there today so they can check her out and I have alot of concerns and questions right now and I'm scared.

Sorry sorry sorry for being such a downer.

rubys mom

ohhh linderbella dont be so hard on yourself its people like you who care that makes this site so wonderfull it was your post that gave me the push to go and get my little girl the help she needed i thankyou for that you feel so down because you care so much and these babies need people like you and others on this site to make this condition more well known and understood keep strong thinking of you :lotsaluv:

Also, I hate even posting anymore as I feel like I'm such a downer--doesn't seem like anything to write positive.
I remember feeling the same way with Charlie, in fact that is why I stopped writing on his blog. :( It was good to write about the positive things, but when he had bad days, it became difficult to write. In retrospect I wish I had finished the blog, even though his story ended several weeks later. I kept worrying that someone would take it the wrong way, and maybe base their decision on what I wrote about Charlie.

One of our members, 'Molly's mom' (Bev) has a lovely tricolor girl who had decompression surgery. Molly and Bev went through an extremely difficult and worrying time after surgery with Molly in pain. But finally Molly came through it, and we all rejoiced.

The thing is, no one can predict the future. I felt Molly's story has offered a lot of hope.

Linda...just to let you know that you and Abbey are in my thoughts.

I am also following your blog for Abbey. Hope her check-up went ok today and you got some of your concerns and questions answered.

Last edited:
Thanks Nubus. That makes me feel good about my post giving you the nudge also. I have received e-mails and comments in regards to the video and posts have helped a few and they know in their hearts their dogs have it after watching the video--just like I did the day on here watching a couple videos. I feel very good in that aspect that we are helping others.

Cathy--I have spoken to Bev on the phone and many many e-mails etc. She had forgotten about the beginning etc. and Bev has been a rock to me lets say.

In regards to the negative etc. I'm trying not to do that on this site. On my blog I will pour my heart out. Like somebody on a coment in my blog said that it wouldn't be a blog unless I did and that really hit me when this person said that.

Pippa thank you for caring. It means alot and I know I have gotten emotionally involved on some dogs in here so I know what that feels like also.

Thank you again everybody and I did write a little post on my blog this a.m. in regards to yesterday and will write more later but I'm feeling alot better.

Linda, just read your blog, and I am so glad you are feeling better. I will look forward to your next post. Hope you are getting some much-needed rest. Judy

Linda, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope you got a good nights sleep last night - everything always looks better after a decent sleep.

I just watched your new video of Abbey and one thing stood out to me...that little tail going like the clappers when she saw you, she might be in pain, but she knows who loves her and looks after her, thats for sure. Lucky girl.

If you read these posts and your blog again in a few weeks time I bet you will be able to see how much she has come on.
Charlie

Yes I know that she knows we love her also. I just have to talk to her and she wags her tail. In that video when I watch it now it drives me nuts how many times I ask her if she wants to go outside--lol. She probably said to herself--awww shuddup mom I already answered that 3 times--lol. I was just trying to show how you talk to her and her tail wags--lol.

Dear Linda,

I'm still cheering you & Abbey on every day.

I really hope that the allergy treatment helps & you both get a good night's rest

Margaret C

Somebody suggested that I should do a new video of Abbey so I just posted a new video at my blog today of Abbey today 6 weeks after her surgery. She's doing so well now and I'm sooo pleased. I'm almost afraid to say anything more. We've both certainly paid our dues. I think her head tilt is better but maybe I'm just dreaming. Hard to tell when you see her all the time. She's getting pretty much back to normal now. Her personality is coming out more and more and so nice to see. Our blog is at:

http://abbeygeorgelinda.blogspot

I can't thank all the people on here that have shown their support but it sure helped and was most appreciated. There are no words except to say Thank you which seems so small.

:thnku:

Wow, what a difference, she certainly looks happy and no you are not dreaming the head tilt has virtually gone. Way to go Abbey:w**h**:

the link wont work on mine im getting cannot display page-i'll go to where ive added your page to favs instead! comments to follow.....:)

Somebody suggested that I should do a new video of Abbey

That was me Linda, thank you so much. It made my day to see even the head tilt gone, astounding really. I really think this is encouraging to see and helpful for those who want the surgery done. I'm sure it has given some a bit of hope. I'm really happy for your family. :hug:

She is beautiful and looks so happy and healthy in her video!!!!
It is encouraging for so many of us and I thank you for taking the time to share Abbey's progress.

Jen and Ilsa

Its not gone all the time. Today I've been looking at her and its tilted. I guess its not always tilted. She is alot better though. I'm seeing things in her that I haven't seen in ages and I mean ages. Tonight the 3 other dogs were having quite a party and playing--even Winston my laziest ever shih tzu who usually watches Bentley and Chelsea play and thinks oh my gosh all that energy--lol. Well, Abbey started to get in the action and I immediately picked her up and she's on the other side of the gate--I can see her. Hate to do it to her as its like she's being punished but after all this time I'm not taking any chances. The neurologist said she could be back to herself now but I'm still taking precautions. Guess I'm still being overcautious--can't help it. I'm very very pleased at what I'm seeing at just 6 weeks though and hope it stays this way. One thing is that I do think she sticks her tongue out more than she used to but doc says no biggie--she has control of it which she does. Guess she likes it to hang out--lol.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and she's with me--still not sleeping with hubby--he's got the other dogs with him. I wake up and just massage her. Just feels very good to have her so much better and warms my heart as she's my baby. Amazing how much you can love these 4-legged guys. :p:p

Hi im so pleased that Abbey is getting back to her old ways & even wanting to play, wow, that must be so good for you after all the terrible worry. youre bound to be cautious as yet & im sure she knows youre only looking out for her.
ive still not seen your new video as my flash player is playing up but im sure she just looks cuter with her tongue out, still its good that the doc says its not a problem

I cant seem to get the video to work linda, but am sooooooo pleased to hear she is much better, i have watched the previous video and it helps as i know what to lookout for and tells me that the little things he does at odd times is prob nothing to worry about. I know what you mean about loving them, ive been in bits about harleys hip so im with you on that one. I read all your posts with interest, and at least you are telling us all there is hope out there. di

Hey, it worked this time Linda, she is lovely, how old is abbey, she doesnt look very old and she is a sweetheart, di

Back