Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video of Abbey's symptoms

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, I am so sorry if I have upset you with my questions, that was the last thing I wanted to do.
    I am just trying to figure out if this immunotherapy is going to work, or if I am putting off the inevitable.
    Take care,
    Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Charli--you haven't upset me at all. What gave you the idea that you upset me???? I apologize if I wrote something that gave you that idea.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

This is like a fresh wound for me so again.[/quote]

I felt a bit guilty when I read that.

Ok, so lets stop apologizing to each other so!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think your video of symptoms will be so helpful. Thank you for doing this.

SM symptoms can sound so ordinary when you try & describe them. Seeing a little cavalier showing the extreme discomfort that can be caused speaks so much louder than words.
    My old William rubs his body round the furniture just like Abbey.

I am reading your blog every day & keeping my fingers crossed for you and Abbey.

Best wishes,

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Margaret. Thank you for your post. Means alot to me and the video already has done some good as you have seen on my blog. I look at the video now and think to myself how could I think her actions were allergies. Guess my mind still plays tricks on me as then I didn't know what I know now about sm and I guess I just thought she was itchy. *sigh* I'm not sure how much my daily posts are really helping at this point so debating on whether to start going on a monthly deal etc. I'm curious though when you say you go to it daily could you please give me input as to what you are looking for etc.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, I dont think your realise just how much help you really are, even to people to myself whose dog (hopefully) isnt a sufferer, sometimes he rubs his head, like across the floor, and shakes his head some days quite a lot, and i think "is this sm, do i need to be concerned" seeing your video really has shown me what it would look like had he got sm, what were the earlist symptoms to show first. di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

Linda

I want you to know that I also check your blog almost every day.
    I think about you and Abbey often and am concerned and interested about how you ladies are feeling, and hoping Abbey is improving and feeling well.
    It is also a useful record for many like myself who are considering or awaiting the surgery to know what to expect and what is normal. I think you can help many people with your record and I hope you will continue. If every day is too difficult it's understandable, but many of us appreciate your updates when you feel up to it.

Thinking of you both

Jen and Ilsa
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"
    Mahatma Gandhi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by linderbelle View Post
    Guess my mind still plays tricks on me as then I didn't know what I know now about sm and I guess I just thought she was itchy. *sigh* I'm not sure how much my daily posts are really helping at this point so debating on whether to start going on a monthly deal etc. I'm curious though when you say you go to it daily could you please give me input as to what you are looking for etc.
    I certainly look back now & think how could I not know? I think that is the same for most of the owners of SM dogs.

Even now that SM is widely discussed, how do you believe the unbelievable? There is a lot of owners struggling with the same dilemma & your video will help them identify what they are seeing.

I visit your blog daily because I so want to know that it has been worthwhile for you, & that Abbey is okay and progressing well.

I think you will find there is a lot of people rooting for you, your husband, & your little dog.

Best wishes,

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, thanks for posting the video - it will help others.

Geordie's symptoms are more subtle; I will try to get a video. It is helpful to see the variations in symptoms.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for caring. We put in a call to the neurologist this early evening but of course was too late for a call back. Hopefully he's in tomorrow and can call in the a.m. I will post in the blog when he calls. I know what you mean Harley--I'm watching Bentley too--probably have never mentioned that but seen a couple weird things and I'm terrified. I don't think I could go through this again without ending up in the funny farm.
    Linda, Georgia, USA