• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What do I say?

At my regular "doggy social" I met a very nice older gentleman with another cavalier. I was chatting with him and it turns out she came from a pet store. :eek: I do not think he knows much about the breed. He asked me how big they get, and he told me he knew they got heart disease but didn't know about the hip problems.
I did not say anything much because I didn't want to be rude or sound like a know-it-all. I think will be seeing him regularly at future socials. He seems like a very nice man and I don't want to leave him in the dark. Should I just start talking about the breed's health problems? Should I direct him to this board? Do I even tell him about puppy mills and pet stores?

I agree I'd tell him about cavalier talk. I sure wish somebody had talked to me or told me about cavalier talk. I thank god every day for me that day running across this site. This is the site that made me diagnose my own dog with sm. Both my husband and I say many times a week--my god if we had not got Bentley in November and discovered this site in December and then my curiosity about this sm deal I saw on here--what would have happened next--Abbey falling over and having to put her to sleep. If I had discovered this site years ago Abbey would not have suffered for as long as she did.

i would encourage him to get pet insurance 'just incase' and also point him in the direction of cav talk

Back