Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When to Feed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question When to Feed?

When do you feed your CKC

MORNING, AFTERNOON or EVENING.

Also is it best to give (1) meal or (2) small meals a day.

I am watching Kirra's weight - and as we know CKC's will enjoy all on offer - so your advice greatly appreciated.

She loves her and especially on days like we have at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

2 meals mornign and evening, she does get treats etc during the day, depending on what tricks i am getting her to do.
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my lot once a day, around lunch time (12.30/1.00). I currently have a 7 month old pup staying with me and he is so hard to feed (picky and almost afraid of the food!) so he gets 3 VERY small meals. They get a little something nice when we go down to them in the morning and before bed (and maybe once or twice throughout the day, depending on how generous we are feeling!).

If you are worried about wieght, lots of good brands do a "light" food - maybe check them out (my Cavalier lady was on light foods for a good while and the weight come off her slowly but healthily - def recommend checking them out)

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my gang two small meals: usually around 11ish, main meal, and they'd usually get a fishskin dental chew for after, a kong then for tea (just makes them work a bit for their tea..) with kibble and veggies in (around 6ish)
    Last edited by amanda L; 19th March 2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 3yr old and 10mth old and they are both fed at 7.30am and 3.30pm(small meals) and have a JWB biscuit before bed too.
    Again my 3yr old would eat all day if i allowed her too and is really prone to weight gain....so during the day i give some veg as treats!

Hope that helps.
    Leesa
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Lucie (Blenhiem) 8th Feb 2006
    Sasha(blk n tan) 19th May 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my two at 7am & 6pm & they get a biscrok & kong with Marmite when I leave for work & a burns fish skin at bed time.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Harley was quite overweight, and we have him on a vet programme, although you can buy this food at certain outlets, online, or from your vet. Arden Grange (light) i rang them and spoke to a nutrionist you said try three meals a day, same amount, just split it between three meals.
    So weigh your little one, Harley weighed 13.6 kg, and now is 12.6 we are ideally getting him down to 12 kg, which is what the vet would be happy with for his size (dont go by this for your dog). Just weigh her at the vets then give her three small meals a day with lots of vegs mixed in.
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

I feed mine twice daily at 7am and between 9.30 and 10pm.

I feed a biscuit around 10.30/11am and a markie after thier evening walk around 7pm.

I don't feed a very big portion of food(JWB lamb and rice kibble) and give veg in the evening feed 3 or 4 times a week and a JWB lamb and rice pouch about once every fortnight.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I feed mine twice a day, about 6am and 4:30pm. (JWB lamb and vegetable) They also get a little something before bed. It used to be a treat, but since Maddie's tummy upsets they just get a small handful of kibbles for supper.
    Maddie's weight is staying constant (which is good ) and Pippin has lost a little, he's gone from 9.85Kg down to 9.1Kg, which seems to suit him better. I wouldn't want him to lose any more though. He never looked or felt fat, but has a lot more energy at the lower weight. He's also got a lot faster at agility. Shame I haven't.

I forgot to add - they also love their veggies and get a little each day as a treat. (cauliflower, carrot, broccoli,) and also their fruit, so they sometimes get a small piece of apple, pear, banana. They view this as a really good treat, so will do tricks for it.
    Last edited by MadPip; 19th March 2009 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We also feed twice a day. 7am and 6pm. Our 2 1/2 yr old eats once a day and the pup eats 2x a day.