• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Max get's neutered tomorrow

Mindysmom

We almost lost Mindy after complications from her spay so I am always paranoid anytime one of the dogs needs any procedure. I know he will be fine but I probably won't rest easy until I know he has healed 100%.

I do remember when our Retriever was neutered we had a hard time keeping him quiet. At least Mindy won't be the one running around trying to engage Max in play - she'll be happy to let him rest quietly:D (and probably grateful for the lull).

Hope all goes well for Max, its always a worry & a relief once it is over:xfngr: I found it just as hard keeping Harry quiet after his. After 24 hours he,d forgotten all about it & carried on as normal!:)

Thinking of you and Max, hope all goes well and he rests afterwards...I remember how hard it was to keep Pippin easy.

I called the vet (was supposed to wait until later but I couldn't) and all went well. I will be picking him up after work.

Glad to hear everything went well today.

Sparky was neutered in September & the day after his op he was like 'whats all the fuss about'! Had to stop him jumping on the sofa & playing with Cass though!

Max is home and feeling pretty good. I've not been able to stop him from jumping on the couch - he's on before I can get there to boost him. He will have to wear a collar though. I'm not surprised because he's pretty particular about grooming that area anyway! I've been having a heck of a time distracting him. Right now he's chewing a nylabone so that should give me a few minutes. He's not been eager to play with Mindy yet. I'm sure she is enjoying the break.

If you can't stop him from jumping on/off furniture, you might want to put him in an x-pen or in a kitchen with a baby gate in the doorway when you can't keep a close eye on him.

So glad his surgery went well. :flwr:

I am keeping him in the kitchen with me at the moment. I was going downstairs to read and cuddle with him so I took down the gate but he beat me to the couch. I expected him to be a bit slower on his feet at least today.

Max could NOT get comfortable sleeping with his cone. I started him off in his crate where he normally sleeps but as I had feared, once he woke up the cone banged on the side whenever he tried to switch position. I let him out and stayed in the kitchen with him until he got comfy and fell asleep in his bed. Of course that didn't last long either so I finally went down and slept on the couch with him. He seemed to be able to find a comfortable position. I didn't want to bring him up to my bed because he already has sleep issues (doesn't go the entire night without fussing) and I don't want him to get used to sleeping with us every time he fusses. One thing I know is that if he has to wear the cone for a week I will be severely sleep deprived.

I know what you mean about sleep issues - Maddie's the same! We've had a few nights on the couch as well!

When we had Pippin neutered he had to wear a cone, but managed to get to his stitches anyway (but didn't do any damage thankfully) He used to lie on his side, curl round so he could get his top knee inside the cone, puch backwards, and there it was, he could reach everything he wanted to!:D Bless :luv:

Just went thru this with Rudy last month. His first full day after surgery was a little difficult. He'd act pretty normal inside, but would slip away in the yard to potty and next thing I knew he was climbing the stairs to come back inside and yelping while he climbed. (In retrospect - should've had him on a leash, even for a quick potty break.) I felt so badly for him! By day two he was back to normal. I didn't use the cone, he didn't seem too interested in what was happening (or not happening) in that particular area. I must say, it healed quickly!

Hope Max is feeling much better now!

Back