• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog peeing on beds

ailsa87

My 9 month old pup peed and pooed on my bed the other day and today he peed on the bed in the spare room. Has anyone elses dogs done this, what causes it? is it a marking territory thing?

When I got Holly she peed a couple of times on the bed in the spare room and then on my bed. I just made sure the spare room was locked and only let her in my room after I was sure she'd already gone.
It took about a week of retraining and watching her outside but eventually it took and she hasn't gone indoors since. She was around 10 months when this happened. I think she just got complacent and was chancing her arm:confused:.
I wouldn't worry too much, just praise him/her like mad when he does go outside and i'm sure he'll get it.:p Holly sleeps in my bed again and she's fine.
Good luck (and happy dry cleaning, those bills aren't fun).

I think with animals just like kids every mattess should be protected with a plastic pad--they are just like mattress pads and they are really cheap. I've gotten ours at walmart. I have a 3 year old grandson who I have watched since he was a couple weeks old and in my opinion one pee on a mattress and you might as well throw it away and mattresses are not cheap. Just an idea for all of us with babies.

It might be territory marking or a wee infection. Is he weeing OK otherwise? Do you have any other animals that he can smell on the beds?

It's horrible when they do that. My friend's cats once weed all over her bed and she had to throw everything out.

my pup did this too when he was younger could be a maturity thing or get a better potty routine so as he dosent make mistakes ...My Tyler is 11 now and never had accidents since

Back