Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone, meet Nikki!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Everyone, meet Nikki!

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie around here... I posted months ago about adding a Cavalier to our family. We added Nikki to our family in December. She is 7 years old, and she is a retired show/breeding bitch. She and Burgess are not best buds, but they do fine together. She is a joy! She wants nothing more than to lay in your lap and eat your food.

Here she is!

My husband with Nikki and our other dog, Burgess.

Look at that sweet face!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your Cavalier addition to the family! Both dogs are just beautiful- have fun with them.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I see 3. lol. Very cute.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Nikki is beautiful and I'm sure the two dogs will soon be pals.

Our golden retriever now gives our Abigail a soft kiss and allows the pup to attack her nose (which I can assume isn't very pleasant).

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

Well good for you!!! Congratulations and big huge welcome to Nikki. I very much remember your original post asking about Cavaliers in general and was so pleasantly surprised at how well you took the myriad of comments posted. It was obvious you were really asking to be educated. I think Nikki is going to be great in your home. Burgess is just drop dead gorgeous!! My boy had a special friendship with a Newfy for a while and just adored that big huge dog....especially the body soaking doggie kisses Nikki is absolutely precious....I look forward to hearing more about her. And, again...good for you!!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well done and congrats...she is beautiful and burgess is a very handsome boy!
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She's a gorgeous cavalier and love that big Newf! (he redefines 'lap dog' though! )
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T View Post
    I very much remember your original post asking about Cavaliers in general and was so pleasantly surprised at how well you took the myriad of comments posted. It was obvious you were really asking to be educated. I think Nikki is going to be great in your home. Burgess is just drop dead gorgeous!! My boy had a special friendship with a Newfy for a while and just adored that big huge dog....especially the body soaking doggie kisses Nikki is absolutely precious....I look forward to hearing more about her. And, again...good for you!!!
    Thank you very much! I took the comments to heart and I've really been trying to learn more about the breed. In addition, we've done a lot of work and training with Burgess to ensure he behaves himself around Nikki. It usually just takes a "Geeeentle" when he gets near Nikki before he looks to us for direction. If he gets too rough (he likes to stand on top of her so that she is underneath his belly and he doesn't let her go) then we put him in time out. Everything has been really great and I'm glad for the advice I've gotten here.

Thank you so much to everyone else for your kind words, as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Well i had to laugh,chalk and cheese.Is it painful having him on your lap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    Well i had to laugh,chalk and cheese.Is it painful having him on your lap.
    No, but it is painful when he steps on you - especially when you are lying in bed at night and he steps right on your stomach. Ooof!