• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flavured Glucusmine For Dogs

Brian M

Flavoured Glucosamine For Dogs

Hi

Rosie refuses ordinary tablets anybody know of any beef/turkey/fish flavoured tabets /capsules /liquid that might more palatable,I want to start her on them because of her recent partella problem though shes been fine since then .
Tks Brian

Last edited:
I got mine from the vet - not too pricy since they don't need much. It goes on top of food. Mindy seems to like it just fine. It's UBA Vet brand here in Canada.

Brian, Harley had glucomaine, chondroitin, and msm in a capsule, i scope some pate on to the capsule and he eats the thing whole, every day or twice a day sometimes. di

The pate or the tablets brian, the pate is the cheapest tesco do, in a clear tube, bacon and liver spreading pate, about 40p and i cut it in half and freeze half of it as it goes off quite quickly and stinks the fridge out.
May take a few days to get used to it, he used to crunch and then spit it out but i think he is so hungry now he will eat anything. This diet is brill Brian, he has lost 2 kilos since i came on here, about a month or so.
The tablets i book marked on my pc as home, i think they were about £15 for 180 or something, and have the correct amounts required for a ckcs in one go and it saves trying to get half a doz different ones in him, mind you if they came with pate he would love them. di

Hi Di

What brand tablets are they ,and what exactly does your diet consist of ,brand names pls .Pops had a funny tum recently and turned her nose up at everything so her weight crashed down to just under 12 kilo ,what weight is harley now.:)

He was just over 12kg and hasnt been weighed for two weeks, ring Arden Grange, they are super explain her problem, they sent me 4 packs of their lamb and rice light, its hypoalergenic and contains only natural ingrediants
they sell online or to certain outlets, and my nearest one was miles away then my vets said they could get it in for me, works out cheaper than me going to get it. It also contains L-Carnitine which converts fat to energy and is in Iams foods and a few others. As for the suppliements my vet said search on the internet and gave me the amounts harley needs, he also said you cant really overdose so if its a bit more then dont worry, so he gets the same as the mobility supplement packs you can get from your vets for a fraction of the price. I havent the brand i brought with me, but you could search and see what you find. Failing that ill have a look when i get home and let you know. di

I bought some things from pets at home for Barney but they were expensive and he didn't like them so it defeated the object.

I like the pate idea though. I have used squeezy cheese spread in the past to bury a tablet in :D

My vet recommended Glycoflex for Cinders - she was getting quite stiff in the mornings. There are three strengths - she is on 3 which is the highest dose.
It must taste good cause she takes it like a treat and since taking it has no longer had any morning stiffness!!
You can buy it quite reasonably through the internet.

Back