• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Beautiful Spring Day

stacy710

Just a few weeks ago, I posted SNOW pictures and now my flowers are blooming so quickly I wanted to take some photos. Crazy Alabama weather! As you can see, Maggie and Roxie wanted to join in the fun! :flwr:

picture.php

Hi Stacy:

Yea we had that snow here also and that was the day that we took Abbey to Auburn, AL for her surgery. I believe you're about a hour from Auburn if I'm not correct. I'm in Macon, GA and its beautiful here also. The pool is clean and read for it to hit the 80's and stay there--won't be long at all.

Beautiful picture. Love outside pictures alot. Wish I could take all 4 out and take some pictures. We bought a new camera last fall when we went to Europe. I took 4500 pictures in Europe--lol.

Last edited:
Yes they are azaleas. Our whole neighborhood is covered with them. I love it in the spring when they are all blooming. Linda, we are about 45 min - an hour from Auburn. My sister lives in Tyrone GA, and my daughter and her husband did live in Atlanta but moved to Newnan GA last year. We visit GA quite alot and love the area. How is Abbey doing? I hope things are continuing to impove for her.

What a stunning picture.

A note about Azaleas:

Azaleasare very common shrubs. In the spring, blooms burst forth and cover the green shrubs with their purple or pink petals. However, Azaleas are poisonous plants for dogs and may even cause death. If your dog has become poisoned by eating Azaleas, the symptoms are diarrhea, excessive salivating, vomiting, low blood pressure, and weakness. Acute poisoning can cause coma or cardiac arrest leading to death.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/383039/which_yard_and_garden_plants_are_poisonous.html

Thanks for letting us know that about Azaleas. I had no idea. Maggie and Roxie are not normally allowed in the front yard where the Azaleas are due to it being close to the street. I only took them out there while I was taking pictures. Thanks again Pauline. Do you know of other common plants or shrubs that could be dangerous?

Back