• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drooling?

Princess Buttercup

My little one had a bit of a tummy upset over the weekend, and got sick this morning, so I brought her in to the vet. She was in great form, despite the vomiting incident, but since we go back form the vet, she's been VERY quiet, and is drooling. The vet gave her a shot - I wonder if it's a reaction to this? I called him about it and he sid she could just be nauseous, and if she's no better by this evening to bring her back in. I'm still quite worried though, as she seems so miserable - has anyone experienced anything like this?

I just posted a question on drooling in the general discussion section and got a lot of information from karlin..you should read that!

I haven't experienced it - sounds like it's directly related to the injection. If she's no better, I would take her back in this evening like he suggested.

I know of two dogs who drool while riding in the car, and I think that's anxiety and carsickness. They stop drooling when they're not in the car, though.

Thanks girls - am pretty sure now it was just because she was nauseous - she was VERY sick for the afternoon, and threw up a lot. The drooling stopped late afternoon, and she seemed a bit better, but we brought her to the vet anyway, to get her checked out. Vet thinks it's all part of her IBD, and is keeping her in overnight to give her anti-nausea drugs, and get fluids into her. In the morning she's having a barium xray to see if she needs more agressive treatment than just the sensitivity control food and more flagyl. I hate leaving her there but we need to get this sorted once and for all :(

By the way - we also have a golden retriever who is a champion drooler - it's constant. He also does the shaking trick when he has a large mouth full of drool - he likes to do this when there are people in reach. Oh the shame.

Back