Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Cost MRI Screening at Chester

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Cost MRI Screening at Chester

I got a newsletter in my e-mail this morning and it told this:

Low cost MRI scanning

The Midland CKCS Club have arranged a low cost MRI scanning session with Geoff Skerritt in Chester at a cost of 100, possible dates available are; Tuesday May 12th, Thursday May 14th and Tuesday May 19th. Members should contact Mary Rees symra.cavaliers@virgin.net to book places.

The Humberside CKCS Club have arranged a low cost MRI scanning session on Tuesday 28th July with Geoff Skerritt in Chester at a cost of 100. Members should contact Linda Flynn linjato@btconnect.com to book places.

I sure hope its ok to do a copy and paste without asking permission but figured this might help somebody alot.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

do you have to be a member of either club to take advantage of this?
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Amy. Wouldn't hurt to e-mail the people to see. If anybody does, please post.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan

Post Thanks / Like

email sent, i will let you know what happens

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi linderbelle

Chester where Mr Skerrit practises is only about 12 miles away and as I just stated on another post I have just registered with his group practice ie Cranmore.
    But as to taking my three to be MRI scanned I am too much of a coward and I am afraid that I would be absolutely mortified in case they discovered anything bad ,so I am sorry for me now until I can be sure of all the benefits of pre-emptive MRI Scanning and also never having seen or had any problems with SM ignorance is bliss ,I know this not right but for now no news is good news and I continue with my head in the sand and my only other reason for this selfish attitude is that I am only a pet person and have no desire whatsoever to enter the world of breeding that would then involve all that responsibilty it entails ,so for me, my Cavaliers do all I ask,they keep me company and in their presence they keep me very very happy and are the best pets in the whole wide world
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes you do need to be a member as these are special club-subsidised events (unless they have extra spaces at the end in which case they may allocate them to non-members).

Any club member may however apply for these scans. They are intended for breeders and only give basic information. They are not intended as a diagnosis and Chestergates will not be giving treatment if a dog gets a positive diagnosis -- you then need to arrange a normal appointment.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brian it isn't cowardice not to scan when you are not breeding and have no reason to scan (eg suspected symptoms). Just enjoy your dogs. Generally if not doing MRIs for breeding or research there's no reason people should do them unless they have suspected symptoms and have worked with their vet to eliminate all other possible causes for them *first*.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't scan if there wasn't any reason either Brian. Count your blessings that no symptoms etc. Luckily for me I'm not paranoid on my other two either. You can't be or you'd go insane. Although, I am watching Bentley which I think I'm going to do another post on what he is doing.
    Linda, Georgia, USA

Post Thanks / Like

if i can take advantage of it, i will. i reckon i have seen some symptoms in Peaches but as she isnt in pain the vet won't authorise a MRI so we could have to pay 1000 rather than the insurance cover it.

i am aware it may be bad news but i would rather know now than wait till she is in pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

And thank you Karlin and Linderbelle it puts my mind at ease .And I know when I take them tonight to Carnmore for the first time my heart will stop when they each have their hearts checked .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T