• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Today, Turned from Bad to Worse

So sorry to hear that Teddy gained his wings at such a young age. Fly strong and free little one. Thinking of you at this sad time.

I am so sorry to read this about Teddy. I hope you find peace with a very tough decision now.
Thinking of you at this time

Mel:hug:

How terrible for you, im so sorry for your loss. RIP Teddy sleep tight. Only your instincts will tell you when you are ready for another, in your quiet moments. Look after yourself & again so very sorry for your loss of Teddy:hug:

How dreadfully sad, I'm so sorry for your loss. You must be devastated at losing your little boy. If you decide to go ahead and bring Anna into your life, I hope she brings you great joy. Nothing can replace Teddy, but Anna might find a different place in your heart? It's good that you have several weeks to think about things. :flwr:

I am sorry you lost your precious Teddy. You can never prepare yourself for how much it hurts to lose a friend. Especially at such a young age. I hope Anna brings you much needed happiness. I will keep you in my prayers. :flwr:

So sorry about your loss of Teddy. :flwr: Its always so much harder when they go young and suddenly. However, the memories of his time with you will always be in your heart and his special place will remain there.

You still have plenty of time to decide what to do with Anna, but if you take her she will have another special place in your heart. :hug:

So I talked to the vets further today. I had requested they do an autopsy on him before I buried Teddy. Evidently this isn't something that is done very often, but it provided the vets and the Unv of Ark alot of valuable information into the breed.

So here is what they said. Teddy evidently was nearly starved as a pup, probably from his first owner (how I wish I could give him/her a piece of my mind) and as result had an extremely underdeveloped liver and stomach. This allowed for his epilepsy to get as bad as it did.

The hemorage however was caused by a heart trying to pump through an aorta that was underdeveloped because of lack of growth. In the picture I posted that was Teddy's heaviest weight at 12lbs. The vet actually had two sheriff's meet me at the vet to discuss abuse charges. After a bit of talking and explaining how I received Teddy they decided that I was not the cause of said abuse and I gave them the name of the breeder so they can attempt to find the person who did this.

Overall the vet was amazed at how long Teddy lived and said he most likely passed in his sleep. This was something that eased my heart greatly. Everyone out there please be careful if you ever get a rescue. They will be a great addition to your family and will always have a place in your heart, but make sure that the previous person didn't mishandle your pup.

I am so sorry to hear about Teddy. Know that you gave him the best possible life and he was loved. I think it's good that you had the autopsy (necropsy) done on him. It's just so sad that he was so neglected initially and that's what caused him to have such a short life. It must be a relief to know he passed in his sleep and didn't suffer. I'm so so sad though, when you lose on suddenly like this it is such a blow.

I am so sorry to hear about Teddy. :( It must be absolutely heart-breaking to have lost him so suddenly. From your avatar, I thought you were from Alaska, but I see you are in AR (I was thinking Texas was a long ways for you to drive!! :lol:) - Anyways, Faith was born in an Arkansas puppy mill and turned over to a rescue out of Little Rock area, and I flew down to pick her up :flwr: Unfortuantely the thing with rescues is that their past is always a mystery; but one thing I can say is that even if she passed away tomorrow, I am very thankful for the two years I've spent with her - they have been priceless!! I think it's wonderful that you did the necropsy - it must have been a fabulous learning tool for the people at the university, and I'm sure it's great to have peace of mind.

I hope that time will bring you comfort and you are able to find it in your heart to adopt another cavtiny sometime in the future. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Sara

I'm glad you went to the trouble of finding out all this information surrounding Teddy's death. A friend of mine did the same thing when her cat died suddenly and unexpectedly. At least you know what happened and you won't always wonder.

I also give the vet a lot of credit for reporting the abuse, and hope the sheriff gets to the bottom of it. This could make a difference in other dogs' lives. Bless you for taking the time and expense to do this. :hug:

I'm so sorry to read about Ted. He was so lucky that you took him on, ot only did he have a wonderful life with you, but he got to know what real love was. Try remembering the good times, look through old photos, it will make you cry your eyes out, but it did help me when i lost my little one.
My thoughts are with you x x

I'm just catching up now but l feel so sad about what's happened to Teddy you must be heartbroken l want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers
Run free Teddy in the beautiful sunshine at the bridge

Such a terribly sad time for you. I am actually in tears here reading about his start in life. We lost our precious Brady almost 2 months ago and it is only now that I feel able to look for a new cav. The house is just too quiet without a little rascal to play with and love. Thoughts are with you

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Teddy. I cannot imagine the pain you are in. (((HUGS))).... You will be in my thoughts.

Back