Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today, Turned from Bad to Worse

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sarah my heart aches for you. There are unfortunately no words to say at times like this. When my shih tzu passed away 7 years ago I was unable to function as she was my only dog. I couldn't even hardly get out of bed. Shortly after we got another shih tzu within a couple weeks. He didn't replace her at all--totally 2 different personalities but it might help you with another since you've already paid etc. Only you can decide that though. I'm am so deeply sorry this happened.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

How heartbreaking for you . Sudden loss just shocks the soul. Give yourself time to grieve for your little man . RIP sweet Teddy
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry about Teddy and feel for you.

You may at this time have mixed feelings about Anna but I have no doubt that she will help you, not to get over Teddy but will bring her own joy to you.
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I am again so sorry for your sudden loss of Terry. I was thinking of you today and thought that if Teddy met and seemed to care for Anna, he may have wanted you to take her. It is very difficult and painful I am sure. It took me over 3 years to get Ilsa after my last dog passed but if my other dog had already approved the new addition it may have been different. I'll be thinking of you and lighting a candle for Teddy.

Jennifer
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"
    Mahatma Gandhi

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my heart aches for you. I hope you find peace in whatever decision you make about Anna. Run like the wind Teddy!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about your baby boy. You must feel devastated and lost. I wish there were words for times like these, but they just fail me.

As far as Anna goes, only you can know. My word of caution would be to do nothing fast. Allow yourself to grieve and in time you will know if she has a place in your home and heart at this time. If you decide that the timing of all this interferes with bonding with her, then you can rehome her down the road a ways. If you do it right now while in the midst of this raw emotion, you might regret it later on.

Many hugs to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry -- this was far too young an age. How very, very hard.

If you are not ready for another cavalier, any decent breeder will fully understand your situation and refund your money. Maybe ask to wait a while for a later litter. It can be hard to take on another dog, especially a puppy as they are demanding, at a time when you want to just cherish the memories of a departed friend.

When you feel ready to do so and if you haven't yet, be sure Ted's breeder knows about his epilepsy, if you know who the breeder is. Breeders need to know about health conditions to make future breeding decisions.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you from everyone for your kind words of support. I've phoned Teddy's breeder, it was a little hard to find her because Teddy was a rescue but I got her eventually. I've told her everything that has happened since I've owned him and even have sent a copy of is medical records to her so that she can talk to her vet and for future reference.

I've also phoned Anna's breeder and have told her that I might need to wait to pick her up or wait on another litter, but luckily because I have another five weeks before I can pick her up allows me some time to get my head straight.

It just goes to show you how sudden things can go from great to bad, but also how supportive the Cavalier community is. Thank you all.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy, it's always harder when they're so young...It seems like Anna's breeder is working with you and will be flexible if you decide to wait for another litter. Since you have 5 weeks before you would pick her up you have time to think about whether or not now is the right time to get another puppy. I'm so sorry
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )