• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Adding a third dog?

Thanks for all your replies!

Things are still going well. Dexter and Indy have taken to playing well together, and Indy & Charlie still play on their normal schedule, but the three have yet to figure out how to all play together. Charlie is also working on asserting himself as Dexter's superior in the ranks, so he is being a bit possessive over toys and sometimes tries to break it up when Dex plays with Indy, lol.

All in all things are working out great. We have a bad potty once in a while (mostly marking, 2 poops, and 1 bladder emptier), but he's getting the hang of things. He's also getting used to his kennel quicker than I thought he would, but Charlie is sometimes jealous of Dexter using "his" house and so they have spent time together in there when Charlie refuses to vacate, haha.

I think he will settle in well here. He already has calmed down unbelievably from how he acted at his old home, so I think he likes it here with us. :)

Brenda - I received two emails after we got Dexter for other adoptable dogs, if you want I can forward future emails along to you. These were for a blenheim and a ruby. And we are still in Rock Hill, my post was from before we moved here from Charlotte. And you are welcome to come by any time if you want to observe the dynamic with more dogs!

Thanks all!

Great news! Thanks for the update. Sounds like he is doing much better in a home with your other dogs to keep him busy too.

Back