• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update

laram

I posted a few weeks ago about Sammy's suspected SM and some quite nasty symptoms (scratching himself raw etc). I just wanted to encourage anyone in the same situation, as I really thought I was losing Sammy: he's been on 200mg gabapentin per day now for a month and you'd hardly know there was anything wrong at all. He hardly ever scratches, and he's his playful self again. It could be that it's a milder case of sm than I suspected :xfngr:, but in anycase Gabapentin rocks!!:)

I agree.
It keeps my eight year old Tommy comfortable and enables him to have a normal life.

Margaret C

I' so glad you are getting good results and he is so much more comfortable. It is amazing what a difference this one drug can make to their quality of life.

:rah:I will second that! My Charlie is like a puppy again on Gabapentin. Hes so happy & lively. I am just so pleased.

Is Gab (not even going to try spelling it) a pain-reducer only? Casey is on Rimadyl now with very good results, but should I ask my vet about Gab instead? Is it also a CF reducer?

I am certain Garbapentin and Rimadyl are pain killers. Molly is on Cimetidine which is a CF reducer and a small dose of previcox. She is like a puppy again.

Back