• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Clocks go forward tonight.

wow--in the states we did it 3 weeks ago. I was wondering if Europe changed their clocks like we do. Is it a world wide deal? Always wondered that.

I think that most countries that participate in daylight savings time used the same calendar for clocks changing until about 2-3 years ago. The US made the switch to the first week in November in the fall (the old way for us and likely still the case in most countries is about mid-October) and early March in the spring (the old way for us was around the first week in April).

My understanding is that the intent of the change is to save on costs of heating and air throughout the country during the changing of the seasons. The original set-up of daylight savings time was to assist farming and harvest times I think - and I guess that is less of an issue now that it was 100+ years ago.

Whether or not the reasons for the new way the US does it are working - I don't know....this is the just a bit of useless knowledge I found in my brain this morning.

Back