• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does your Cavalier

pinkpuppy

Make strange noises? Our little guy is becoming a character. Just lately we're not sure if he is a little "moo moo calf" or our 4 legged furry monster. Is it normal for them to "moo" all the time?:confused:

Yes, both of them do! I think you describe, what we here at home call the "Chewbacca-sound" after the Star Wars-movies. It is something between whining, growling and deep moo-moo-sounds. It is especially when they are playing and having fun :)

Actually he does look like "Chewy" with all that ruddy color fur. Soooo... I guess this is called whining? He does do it quite bit especially when he's trying to crawl under the covers on the sofa or wherever we are comfortably trying to relax after a long day.:)

Our cav calls the cats 'waa waas' when they go out of sight if he can't follow them :badgrin:

My Cavalier makes the wierdest noises, esp. when she is snorting sround the place - it sounds like a pig (we call her "piggy" when she does it), it's endearing! :D

OMG the chewbacca sound Really i thought I was the only one who called it that ...Im laughing so hard ........

Ha ha - thats so funny!! Mark calls SParky Chewy sometimes!

The noises Sparky makes & when he does it you feel like he's havign a conversation with you - he's hilarious sometimes!!!

Thank y'all for the replies. I am a first time dog owner ever. My SO had 4 dogs before we met. This is all relatively new to me and quite taken with the CKCS breed. Thought they were a quiet breed, but now all these new noises and expressions. Quite hilarious really.

OT: Is anyone else having problems replying or logging onto CavalierTalk? bleh... Maybe it's just my old pc.

Thank goodness someone else's cav snorts !! I was getting a bit concerned - I thought he was having trouble breathing, but found it strange he only did it when he thinks he's hot on the trail of Mr fox lol - I think HE thinks he's a gun-dog :badgrin:

Maddie's a quiet girl but Pippin...................................

Chewbacca personified. We call him Chewy as well (has a double meaning because he does still like to chew!) And he does the piggy noises. We say he's truffle hunting.:D

OT: pinkpuppy I'm having awful problems with the site. I try to change page or post and it kicks me out to a google error page. And then I have trouble getting the site up again. I'm not sure what is going on?

India is our Chewbacca - she always cracks us up early in the morning on weekends, when SHE thinks it's time to eat, and whenever someone is lying where she wants to be! :lol:

OT: pinkpuppy I'm having awful problems with the site. I try to change page or post and it kicks me out to a google error page. And then I have trouble getting the site up again. I'm not sure what is going on?
Yes, there are server problems. It should be fixed soon. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw: I can barely post sometimes - and this morning I needed to log out of CavTalk to get ready for work and it took me nearly an hour to do so!

I can read Ilsa's grunts, she really tries to talk to me. She has a I want a walk grunt, I want a treat, I'm upset or play with me. They each have a different timber and rhythm. She is a genius.

Jen and Ilsa

Omg... He just made a new one! Squished up his lower jaw like he was sucking on a lemon growling at Animal Planet until he had to yawn and squeal like a piggy. Just because he couldn't get to the dogs on the television. Here I am still under the impression that Cavaliers are suppose to be dignified and sweetly quiet.:eek:

CHarlie is VERY vocal, always making weird noises, while Indy is nearly silent other than an occasional protective growl and her "roo roo" barks when she needs attention paid to her. :)

alfy grunts like a pig if he is enjoying himself, wants something or wants someone to move out of his seat on the sofa haha

I have just started hearing strange new sounds out of Dixie especially when we are playing. She sounds like she is talking to me and just daring me to take her toy.....so cute.

Ah! The roo roo bark. He does that when he's playing with other dogs. Thought that was just because Jasper's hard of hearing :D - incidentally, have now discovered that "waa waa" means 'gone', not 'cats' because he said it to a disappearing magpie this morning :badgrin: I think between us all we could compile an English / cavalier dictionary ...!

My Alice is a talker!!!

It was so funny to read all of these post about our "talking" cavs! Alice is a huge talker. She growls and barks as if she is trying to talk to us. She started the growly thing right after we got her at 6 weeks. It's kind of a growly/whine thing. She will bark at other dogs now too, which is new, she does the roo roo sounding thing. She used to hardly ever bark, hopefully this will not escalate too much. Our Irish setter now barks entirely too much at age 3, and she barely barked as a puppy. :xfngr:

Tawna

:lol: This is an amusing thread...

I forgot to mention that Geordie sounds just exactly like a chimpanzee if he thinks we're going to take him for a ride in the car.

And Chocolate is a very loud roo roo barker when she gets excited. :luv:

Back