• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jake's been back at the vets

Rj Mac

I think I mentioned that a while ago we found a lump on Jake that the vet removed, and it turned out to be nothing to worry about,

Well he's got another 1, and was at the vets today, to let him see it, and is now booked in for next Tuesday morning to have it surgically removed, and sent away for testing,

On top of that he's also to get some x-rays done, as he's been diagnosed with Arthritis, to determine where he's arthritic, the severity of it, and what Meds he needs, both ourselves and the vet suspected Arthritis for a while as some days he can be very stiff, and I could see similarities with our late GSD Rebel, for the 1st time ever last week, he couldn't take the stairs, and I had a VERY large lump in my throat, as I carried him up to bed, but to be fair, that day I think we'd walked too far, and maybe overdone it, sometimes I forget he is geting older :luv:

Last edited:
{{Hugs}} Hope Jake will feel better soon. You know he is never too old to accompany his 2 legged family members on long walks. He is happier to be with you than without.

Hope Jake goes on alright at the vets
----Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie---Jake)

Thankyou for all your good wishes guys, the vet thinks that there's prob nothing to worry about:xfngr:, just wants to be certain,

The main thing is to find out the extent of his arthritis, and get him on effective meds , and in the mean time not to over do walkies :dogwlk:

Good to hear that Jake just has to take it easier. He might just enjoy snuggling on your lap and watching the tele.

Those fatty lumps are really common in labs, too, especially as they get older, so hope that's what you are seeing. :xfngr: How old is Jake now?

Oliver, 8 years old, is also having x-rays done to determine whether he has arthritis. Because he yelps when he jumps up on the bed, sofa, etc. but not when he jumps down we think it is in his hips rather than his spine or shoulders. He is on Metacam right now until we have the x-rays next week. Hopefully we'll both get good news.

Those fatty lumps are really common in labs, too, especially as they get older, so hope that's what you are seeing. :xfngr: How old is Jake now?

Hi Karlin, he's 8 and a half now, and the vet said much the same about fatty lumps, as Labs get that little bit older, hopefully that's all it's been, and we can just concentrate on his Arthritis,

Once again , thanks for all youf good wishes guys (y) Jake came thru the op no probs, just have to wait about 10 - 14 days for the results of the tests to come back on the lump, so :xfngr:

Here he is with his blue bandage...
Image033.jpg
[/IMG]

And to our surprise, he's made no attempt to chew it :lotsaluv:

im glad jake came thro' ok & hope you get good test results soon. lets hope he's taking those stairs again any day:)

Had a dressing change on Saturday morning, and the vet's pleased with how it's coming along, nice and clean, and no sign of infection, we go back on Wednesday, for another change of dressing, and hopefully the test results:xfngr:

Back