Thread: Goodbye Precious One.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goodbye Precious One.

My partner and I adopted 15.5yo Jodie 2 months ago. Her 71yo mom had died suddenly of a stroke and this poor arthritic girl was left on a bare kennel floor w/o medication. We brought her home and provided 24/7 hospice care for her. Despite her difficulties in the last two months, she has taught me about forgiveness, patience and love. She was not a velcro Cavalier, but a strong willed, fiesty and very vocal Samoyed. She was an absolutely stunning dog. Despite having her only 2 months, I can only say that losing her shattered my heart. Although I suffer my loss, I am truly happy that she is once again with her mom. RIP Jodie.

Post Thanks / Like

oh im so sorry to hear the loss of Jodie she was a beauty. take heart in knowing that you did everything to make her last months the best they could be

Post Thanks / Like

Jodie had 2 months of loving care and for dogs who take one day at a time it must have been a bit of heaven. I'm sorry for your loss.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She is really beautiful. Thanks so much for opening your home and heart to her and giving her such love. I am glad you had such a positive experience despite her challenges, and found that helping such dogs can be among the single most rewarding things people who love dogs ever do -- they do somehow work their way in and the older dogs and the ones with some difficulties can be absolutely the best. I know she will keep her special place in your memory.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear of your loss
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

How incredibly kind of you to open your heart to this sweet girl knowing you wouldn't have years and year with her. Jodie was such a beautiful girl and it warms my heart to know she spent the rest of her life in the best possible circumstances.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Its so sad that you couldn't have more time with Jodie. But for the short time she was with you she had love,compassion,and company. Thats a lovely memory for her to take with her, and for you to hold onto.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss of Jodie she must be a huge miss for you all and l know there's no other pain like it , but that was a very kind thing you did for her to take her in like that after the loss of her 1st owner, so be very proud
    Elaine and Cody