• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Starting a petition for non club members..

tupup

from the posts of Margeret C & Karlin i think it would be good if we started a support petition for non cavalier club members to get involved. does anyone have any ideas on wording? i would hate to see our beloved breed suffer any more or potentially die out. We might make a difference, theres enough of us on here plus friends etc. as Karlin points out we are the ones spending money with the breeders! lastly its got to be worth a shot cos you must all feel as helpless as i do so shall we?.....Gx

Last edited:
Hi tupup

Totaly agree and so do Dawn,Luke,Popp,Daisy and Rosie .Can Cavaliers vote and if so what paw shall they use for the print left or right.:)

Fully agree with you that people who feel strongly and are not CKCS members should organise a petition ,and I hear petitions may also be raised by area clubs who of course are affiliated to the main CKCS club,but the more voices and signatures in support of our dear little Cavaliers the better.:)

Last edited:
Brian M youre a genious! made me think..how about if we were to put after our names our cavs & price we paid?? you wouldnt have to of course but it might make them realise our "buying power" & that we're not just hippy dippy animal lovers(nothing wrong with that tho!!)
not being fab on my computer i was wondering if i should type up petition,print it out & get friends etc to sign then send it to Margeret C-i notice hers says asap-would this be right?
ive lifted the main points of M.C's petition to word ours(& sincerely hope im not treading on any toes here) to say

PETITION

To support recommended SM Breeding Guidlines into CKCS Code of Ethics.

We, the undersigned, are concerned at the decision- not to formally adopt the SM Breeding Guidlines into the Code of Ethics- taken at the recent CKCS Club AGM 2009, and therefore support the request that the Committee re present this proposal at the next opportunity.

date
name
signiture

Does that sound ok? Gx:)

I have this lovely vision of of queues of waving-tailed cavaliers waiting to have their paws inked so they can make their mark.

I think it is a great idea for the pet owners to make their feelings known. You have more right than anybody to have your concerns recognised and addressed.

I will happily pass on any signatures to the petition organiser.

Margaret C

Hi

Well we have MC blessing and can go ahead I am with you tupup if I can help pls ask.
:):):):)

Ps MC What do think of Tupup comment about incl prices we paid to demonstrate our Jo Public buying power

Signed
brian608:)

Who will write the petition for us? Might I nominate Karlin? :p

Edit: Oh I see Brian has signed already, I'll have to look for where to sign....

Count me in.
A lot of breeders frown at the pet owners getting involved but they forget that it is mostly the pet owners that pay their wages.

I think for a pet owners petition it might make sense to set it up online then print it out eventually?

Actually I think it makes more sense to set up the basic letter as a downloadable document that people can print out, sign, and mail back to Margaret or directly to the club, with one or more signatures attached.

Yes, that's the best way I agree. I personally would like a space to write my dog has SM.

I'm going to shock everyone when I say how much Dylan cost me :eek:

I considered that, but an internet petition is really not seen as being as forceful as individually signed petitions or letters.

Brian M ive pm'd you, & im happy to say how much Rubes was/sm etc by the side of my name,im not proud! it could be optional for those that would rather not tho:)

I was wondering if you were to put details of your dog, eg price would it be best to say year of birth/purchase as obviously the cost has gone up considerably over the years if you have an older dog like me.

Ideally, you want to then present that petition to someone high-profile at a high profile event (having tipped off local BBC and Press in advance of this of course ;))

HI

Just a suggestion to add after tupups original idea ,I phoned a gentleman who looks after our companies computers ,we get on well and he also happens to be an animal and doggie person so apart from becoming a mate he of course owns a little IT company .So after explaining our idea he suggested that he can host on his servers the online petition ,the wording of I need supplied by somebody pls ,he will then provide a link to his servers to be posted on our forum which will then enable members to sign as and when required .I presume we will also need an end date for the petition and for the finished petition to be provided in a printable form. Steve is quite willing to help for no charge ,I have given him my private email address and he will contact me after work today ,so any guidance before then would help me prepare how to answer his questions tonight .

Thanks
Brian

count me in for signing anything, what should i do about price tho? whilst she is a rescue i think i see SM signs in her, but since she isnt in pain the vet won't put her for a MRI. .... not sure why i siad that but i suppose its to show it isnt just the "bred" dogs that are in trouble.

not saying that there is anything wrong with bred dogs .... i think i will get a crowbar for my foot in my mouth now.

I considered that, but an internet petition is really not seen as being as forceful as individually signed petitions or letters.

I agree. Something we can print off and sign and send to Margaret to post with the others would be good. I can help with postage Margaret, best sent recorded delivery.

Back