Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach Day Trips.....what to take??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Day Trips.....what to take??

Those of you who visit the beach with your babies, what are somethings that you never go without, but that you actually use!!?? We are planning our first outing! So excited!!

Post Thanks / Like

First, I have to say that I am very jealous that you are visiting a beach. We never get to do day trips, but when we are on vacation, we take...

Leashes, bottled water, towels, combs and shampoo. I always travel with dog treats and our lab is never without her ball.

Have fun and take the camera!

Post Thanks / Like

We are AVID boaters and have boated with our dogs on boats as small as 20' to 38' and have taken them from lakes to oceans. In regards to sand etc. I would at least take a bucket where you could get water and dip them into it to get alot of the sand off. Sand is very messy. Of course, lots of drinking water. Depending on the situation even something like a crate if your all going in the water etc. Of course, make sure you watch your baby for dog stealers. When we had our 38" boat we'd sometimes go out in a boat for a week or more. We had a fan also to keep them cool as during the summer it can be hot. Sure is where I live. Of course lots of towels--dog bowls for water--food--usual necessity stuff. Maybe even an umbrella to keep the sun off of them. Can you tell our 38" was like a house on the water--lol. They also have those portable shower deals where you fill it with water and put in the sun and warms it up etc. Would be nice to hose them off before getting them in the car to get off some of that sand--you're obviously not going to get it all off but a fair share of it.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

vgaffney--I just noticed where you are from--my brother used to live in Modesto so I've been there many many times. He now lives at Riverbank and I haven't been there since he moved but I believe it is pretty close to Modesto.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan

Post Thanks / Like

That's so funny. Riverbank is basically an extension of Modesto. To make this even more interesting, my mom was born and raised in Fort Valley, Ga and she and I will be going back there in June! Small world!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Fort Valley is pretty close to me--30-40 mins from me. Not much there--lol so never go there. As you said more interesting--lol. Why don't you go egg my brothers house or tp it tonight for me. I'm willing to paypal funds for you to do it--lol. Not out of meaness but love practical jokes.
    Linda, Georgia, USA

Post Thanks / Like

Haha around here I'd probably be arrested or shot doing something like that!

Yeah not much in Fort Valley, we spend most of our time when we are in the city in Byron, Perry or Warner Robbins.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd bring lots of water 2 full bottles 1.5 liter - per dog - and a bowl of course!!! Also a ball and a beach umbrella in case it gets to hot for them. I also bring a spray bottle filled with water to wet them down so they don't overheat. If it will be a long day I'd bring a bit of food as well, all that beach running makes them hungry!

Jen and Ilsa
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"
    Mahatma Gandhi

Post Thanks / Like

Since there is some boating conversations going on I have a question. I know cavaliers are good swimmers, I mean they are a spaniel, but does anyone have a life jacket they recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

We live a 5min walk from the beach here so ive only ever taken loads of water & a spray water bottle to keep Ruby cool-she thinks she's being tortured when i use it tho LOL! its when were going anywhere else that i pack up nearly the whole house for her when we went to see the eye man t'other week you'd have thought we were going for the week! the big shame is that Rubes isnt that keen on the beach so we rarely go