Thread: Little Happy Harry

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Happy Harry

A week and a half ago I lost my little Harry...
    Harry was got for me 2 and a half years ago as a present by my boyfriend after I begged for a dog for 6 months), and I fell in love with him immediately...he was just so adorable and just wanted to be loved I had been wanting a blenheim girl, and Harry was tri colour, and just cuddled into me and looked up at me as if saying 'pick me'... I made him a promise Id love him and protect him forever...I feel like I have broken that promise!
    Harry came everywhere with me, my life revolved around him..and i loved having it revolve around him. He turned my life upside down..i loved it!!
    We were after having the best weekend ever when it happened, playing ball andchasing bubbles on the beach for hours, both of us had a great time..Happy Harry (as I called him) was in his element . When we came home I put a fire in the stove to dry him (as he had also been in the water) and he flaked out infront of the fire while I got to some paper work. Later that night we were snuggled up on the couch watchin tv and Harry wanted to go outside, so I let him, as usual. About 10 mins passed I wondered where he was, so i checked everwhere..no sign of him...with dread I checked the road..to my relief, no sign of him, so i continued searching both inside and outside...i then went and checked the road again...and there he was, right outside my wall...his collar was broken, apart from that he looked like he was just sleeping.
    I still dont know how he got out on the road, and I cant believe that the person who hit him didnt even stop...my tel number was on his name tag.
    I'm absolutely devastated that my best little pal is gone, and Im even more devastated as I feel like I let him down....he meant the world to me and now he is gone forever...RIP Happy Harry xxx 3 Nov 06 - 29 Mar 09

Post Thanks / Like

losing your furbaby is extremely hard. I lost teddy not three weeks ago and have been devestated. I feel your pain, but know that he is in a better place and that he will look down upon you everyday.

Remember how he was and what he did to make you laugh.

Cry and continue to live because that is what Harry would want.

Post Thanks / Like

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my fur-baby two days before poor Harry and I know how painful it is. Grieve at your own pace and the happy memories will brighten while the raw pain ebbs. He isn't truly gone...he will always hold a special place in your heart.
    ~Deborah
    Current fur-baby: Tristan (Tri-color) 1/21/09
    Dearly departed: Lancelot (Blenheim) 2/7/96-3/27/09

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. What an awful thing to have happen to you. It sounds like you loved your boy very much and gave him a wonderful life. I'm so sorry.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry to hear of your loss, how terrible for you. R.I.P Harry

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss -- it is hard to think that the memories of Happy Harry will comfort you but eventually they will.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

How awful and how very very sad ,take care of yourself.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm so sorry it was awful to hear this. I'm sure you'll look back on all your happy memories together. Take care
    Sally (Blenheim) 01/02/07
    Lois (Tricolour) 25/09/08

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear your tragic news about Harry, take care you're in my thoughts
    Elaine and Cody

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about Harry. You are amongst so many friends here and we all understand and feel your pain. Just remember that his memory will stay in your heart forever.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge