• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Now at Rest - Dearest Lance

Cynnalia

A couple of weeks ago I had to say good-bye to my dearest Lance. He was a beautiful, sweet, happy boy and lit up my heart for thirteen years. He did so well, too, up until the end - we were blindsided when he started gasping for breath one evening and we were told he had laryngeal paralysis. It had gotten to the point he couldn't survive outside the oxygen cage for long. I was devastated to lose him, but he had a long, happy life and he'll be with me forever.

As an adorable three-month old pup:
lance0002.jpg

His six-month portrait:
lance0001.jpg

In our backyard:
IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

And this was taken a month or so before he passed...still handsome!
lance13.jpg

Fare thee well, dear friend. I love you always!

Lance was obviously a very special boy and you must have many happy memories of him - it's very hard to lose an oldie in particular, when they have been such a big part of your life for so many years.

He was very handsome - thanking you for sharing you lovely photos with us.

Thinking of you at this sad time

So sorry to hear about your handsome Lance. I've read your other posts and know that you are bringing another cavalier home. However, Lance will still be a part of you and I'm sure that you will always remember the good times as well as the bad times deep in your heart!

Heather R

Thanks so much for sharing Lance's photos. It is wonderful with all the health concerns we focus on with our Cavaliers to celebrate the life of one who made it to the teens. Congratulations to you and to Lance. I am sure he will be waiting for you at the Bridge and sharing stories of his life with you while he waits.

Hi

Lance was a beautiful boy and I bet a regal little charmer ,your life will be so empty but your heart so full of good memories.God bless you Lance.

Warmest Wishes

Brian

I'm so sorry for your loss. Lance was such a handsome boy and how wonderful to have had 13 beautiful years with him. Thank you for sharing his story and pictures. He was a beautiful boy.

Thank you so much for all your condolences. Lance was indeed a huge part of my life and I will miss him always. I grew up with Cairn Terriers all my life (wonderful, stubborn, independent dogs - love 'em!) but I wanted my first dog to be something different. I was so lucky to have found Lance and discover the joys of Cavaliers! We did Pet Therapy and Agility together, and he earned his Canine Good Citizen. He was so full of love and joie de vivre...his tail never stopped wagging! :)

So sorry to hear about Lance. His photographs show what a handsome boy he was. His loss after such a long time with you is nevertheless devastating but his memory will stay in your heart forever. :flwr::hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. It looks and sounds as if you and Lance shared a wonderful 13 years together. Thank you for sharing his story and pictures.

Back