• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Samson

emsley

Some of you may remember that in November 2008, we adopted two 10 year old cavalier brothers, who had been left alone in the house for 9 months, after their mum died.
Samson and Harry both had MVD, Sam was the worst with lots of symptoms.
In February, he started collapsing, and was put on an array of tablets, but the vet was always gently sympathetic at every monthly checkup - it could be any time - his heart will just stop.
On Saturday 11 April 2009, they had both had a lovely slow walk over the fields, enjoying the strong sunshine for this time of year. We went out for an hour to do some shopping and when we got back, Sam didn't come to greet us. He was lying on the rug by my side of the bed, for all intents and purposes looking as if he was asleep - but he was dead. I can't believe how devastated I am, my lovely gentle, waggy, happy boy - I wish I had been there for him - the tears are pouring down my face as I write this.
We buried him in his favourite sunny spot in the garden, by the pond, where he loved to watch the fish. He was wrapped in his soft doggy blanket and in a large box with a lid.
In time, we will plant a flowering bush there for him.
We showed him to Harry, and so far he doesn't seem to be affected, time will tell. It probably helps that the other two cav's are still here, so that is the same.
I will miss him so much.
Be strong,happy and healthy at Rainbow Bridge, my lovely boy, run like the wind with the sun on your back. Wait for us.

Ahhh - that is so sad. At least he went peacefully. Bless you for taking him in and making his last months happy.

im so sorry for your loss:( Samson will be happy at the bridge waiting now, knowing how much he is loved

Oh, I think Samson knew how much you cared, loved the life he had with you these past six months and wanted to go peacefully without much fanfare. Godspeed to Samson and God bless you for taking him and Harry.

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. He was so lucky to have found you to love and care for him during his last months. :hug:

I'm so glad Sam had you in the last months of his life. To know that he was so loved. Rest well Sam. You were loved and you will be missed.

Hi emsley

And well done to you ,you have been such a compassionate caring person for him in his last days ,he could have had no better ,you where indeed a super star for him ,so very sorry he has gone but I bet he had a little smile on his lips.:(:)

You did a marvellous thing taking in Sam and Harry after their 9 months of Home Alone. You have given him so much care and love over the past few months and he has given you his thanks by passing so peacefully and without you having to make the decision that we all dread. Take care:flwr::hug::hug:

Your such a good person to have given him such a lovely life....its so sad...Im so sorry for u!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Samson :( At least he had a great home and was loved for the last few months of his life...what a great thing you did by taking them in after such a sad situation. I'm sorry for your loss.

I was so sorry to hear this news I dont come on this part so sorry I am late
Remember
I was chosen today
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Back