• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Cavvy thinks she's a cat

kmatt

Is it just me or does this breed also have a feline somewhere in the past?

:jmp::jmp:

I think, there must have been a crossover at some point ;)
Sometimes when we call our cavaliers, one or both of them decides just to sit down, tilt their head, look at us with a thinking/wondering look - and then decide to go in the opposite direction :D
Or we can point them towards the door - they slowly walks towards us, and then at the crucial point speed up and RUN in the opposite direction.

I think also other animals are involved in the cavalier-breeding:
- frogs and/or chickens: when they are lying on the floor with all four legs spread out to all sides, they look like a frog or a grilled chicken (actually, I think it would taste delicious with some smelted butter and salt ;)).
- sheep: they have a tendency to eat grass
- cows: one of our dogs sometimes runs like a little cow, where the back legs are co-ordinated to stick out at the same time.

I think, there must have been a crossover at some point ;)
Sometimes when we call our cavaliers, one or both of them decides just to sit down, tilt their head, look at us with a thinking/wondering look - and then decide to go in the opposite direction :D
Or we can point them towards the door - they slowly walks towards us, and then at the crucial point speed up and RUN in the opposite direction.

I think also other animals are involved in the cavalier-breeding:
- frogs and/or chickens: when they are lying on the floor with all four legs spread out to all sides, they look like a frog or a grilled chicken (actually, I think it would taste delicious with some smelted butter and salt ;)).
- sheep: they have a tendency to eat grass
- cows: one of our dogs sometimes runs like a little cow, where the back legs are co-ordinated to stick out at the same time.

I've never seen another dog that loved to romp around then roll and her back and fall asleep. I've seen fall asleep and roll onto back, but never roll onto back and fall asleep.

Well here is what I'm looking at right now.

3455173628_7f467f4493.jpg

Both my dogs sleep like that - when they are not curled together in small little balls - totally catlike :)

lol lovely pic my girl falls asleep like this after a tummy tickle & her snoring is at full blast when she does!

Ilsa is a cat:c*t: She is nocturnal - when i am ready to go to sleep she wakes up and wants to play. And she makes a purr like sound when I rub her. She also rubs herself against me back and forth. Lastly, she loves cats and always wants to be around them when she sees one.

Jen and Ilsa

My Jasper sleeps on the backs of chairs, arms of sofas, sleeps on his back like in the photo when he's in his bed and tries to walk on the cupboards like the cats do when I'm not watching - I thought it was because he lives with 6 of them!!:D He also does the froggy sprawl !

Holly does this too!!!
I'm always finding her perched on the backs of chairs/sofas fast asleep with her four feet in the air!!
Its the cutest thing, she also rolls around on her back exactly like my two cats:)

Maverick has some cat tendencys too, he rubs on my legs like a cat marking me. I think he watched his big brothers too much.

Miles is definitely cat-like. And goat-like. He was one of two puppies in his litter and his sister died, so he was raised around other Cavaliers, cats, and a baby goat. When we got him we had (and still have) 2 cats, so he plays/swats like a cat, but has goat-like pouncing tendencies. He's a little werido sometimes :rolleyes:

Truman was one of four puppies in his litter and wasn't raised around the cats or goat (at the breeder's house), and even though he was raised with our cats he's not cat-like at all. He's much more dog-like. I think Truman kind of taught Miles how to play like a dog!

Here are Miles and his "sister"...it was the first picture sent to me by his breeder :)

3467818875_76c603668c.jpg

Yeah mine loves rubbing up against me and lying on her back and rubbing her face with her paws, she also likes to climb up onto the back off the sofa and sleep there , very cat like behaviour

Our Birman cat acts like a Cavalier sometimes, even posing with his head resting on his outstretched front legs. He is best friends with one of our Cavaliers, who cannot stand getting poked by our cat's whiskers, so he systematically bites them off.

I have six Japanese chins and they are very cat-like. One has climbed an eight foot gate.
They use their paws to touch & hold things just like cats do.
I have one that meows for attention. It really worried my friend when they first went to stay at her boarding kennel. She thought there was a stray cat that she just could not find.

Margaret C

Back