• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Plse sign this petition..

tupup

Petition To The CKCS re:Adoption of The SM Breeding Guidelines.
hi everyone,
Please find link as below for an online petition for which we would like as many members as possible to sign re:the above, we will then print it off and forward to the CKCS to show that, we as purely pet owners are abhorred at the recent decision by members of the CKCS Club to exclude the SM breeding guidelines into the Code of Ethics and request therefore that the Committee re-present this proposal for inclusion at the earliest opportunity

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cDRJV2dGMkpUTldCanNEZDNkNC1hUXc6MA

The end date is no later than Friday 15th May '09

Last edited:
:thnku::thnku::thnku::thnku: To Brian M & his friend Steve for doing all the technical stuff, & his patience with me for being useless at said stuff!!
Ive signed it & put that Ruby is waiting for a scan in the comments box then put her age in info box.
Please sign it& if youve friends with cavalier kc's get them to sign it too if you can, the more sigs the louder the message!
thanks all in advance for your support:):):)
(y):lotsaluv:

Hello

Just to make all fully aware the intention for the petition is for it to be signed by all Cavalier pet owners from Katmandu to Lilliput ,our Steve and his mates at Nasa are currently hard at work scouring the outer galaxcies,so pls sign it is as it is meant for all people from any part of the planet even though it will go to the UK CKCS.

At a given end date say the 12 th May the petition will be printed off and sent at the same time as a petition from CKCS members to the CKCS Clubs committee in support of its aims for SM testing to be included in the code of ethics just prior to their meeting which I believe is approx the 27 th May ,so we need as many signatures as possible from Cavalier pet owning people who just want to help our beautiful little dogs that in return give us pet owners so much pleasure and love.

Also if some wish to just sign the form and forward it thats fine ,but it would be handy if you can post on CT that you have just so we get an idea
of numbers ,but that is not essential .We also wish to thank Karlin for allowing us to organise this on her website and also thank the many highly influential and well respected people in the Cavalier World that have privately voiced their support and are cheering us pet owners on from the side.

With Thanks and Best Wishes to All

Brian ,Dawn and Luke
Poppy,Daisy,Rosie and Ami:)

Thank you for pointing that out - I had thought it was only for UK dog owners.
Jen and Ilsa

Hi Again ,sorry I forgot

KC registered or not doesnt matter a jot so long as you have a Cavalier thats the important part cos they are all wonderful pets .:)

How much information should we include with our signatures?

For those of us who bought our dogs from show breeders, would it be helpful to name UK kennel names in their 5 generation pedigrees, especially if the sires/dams or grandparents are in UK and UK registered? Is it helpful to state how much we paid for each cavalier and to state which hereditary health issues (SM, MVD, etc.) each cavalier has, how much it costs to diagnose, monitor and treat the diseases?

I just scrolled down on the form, and saw 'purchase price', 'kc registered name' - but what if we have multiple cavaliers? Should we sign once for each dog? Or try to fit all dogs' info onto one signature?

Last edited:
Hi Cathy Moon, sounds good to me the more info the better:D i put in about suspected SM, how much i paid for little 'un, as much as i could really given ive no history on her 1st 4years.
Now then Brian, the end date is no later than the 15th may for the liaison meeting on the 24th may! its been a mighty long day tho so dont take that as a criticism:D

I think at this time it isn't appropriate to list all cavaliers in a pedigree as elements of it (eg particular dogs) may or may not be relevant to why one particular dog goes on to develop symptomatic SM. Because inheritance is not yet understood and is most likely fairly complex, and because many who might read a list of background dogs do not understand it isn't a simple case of all those dogs being directly 'responsible', I think it is best simply to name one's own dog if desired.

On the other hand, if this petition only goes directly to the club and isn't publicly viewed then including pedigree lines may be appropriate.

Hi Cathy

I think the petition is really to indicate to the CKCS that the majority of the ordinary pet owning public are far from happy with the ongoing problems that always seem to surface from within the Club itself ,and after all as we are Mr and Mrs Averge that are buying/adopting/recueing the vast majority of puppies that are produced by breeders good and bad our opinion doesnt seem to have been taken into much account in anyway ,so we hope that by voicing our concern at what is happening within the club with ref to SM breeding guidelines and The Code of Ethics it might dawn on some people that without us lot buying all these puppies all that pet food and paying substantial sums of money to many vets all over the world there would not be many Cavaliers and certainly fewer breeders about.
Cathy as I have three young lady Cavaliers I am going to sign the petition three times and I think people can put as much or less information on the form as they want ,all we ask is that as many people sign it as possible ,ideally it would be superb if the amount of signatures equalled the amount of members on Karlins forum ,the famous Cavalier Talk Website ,that would make some statement to the Club.:)

I know i'm being thick but can i sign 7 times as i have 7 rescues. Should i use there pet names as i have no papers as x puppy farm stock

I think the petition is really to indicate to the CKCS that the majority of the ordinary pet owning public are far from happy with the ongoing problems that always seem to surface from within the Club itself

sorry but if its about the pet owning public why is there a bit for the KC name?

Back