• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Plse sign this petition..

Hi frecklesmum

From what I can see the more the better,the link below is to a post for the
petition on the American Cavalier Connection board ,so we hope to loads of signatures from across the waves.:):)

http://www.cavalierboard.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=7068b04eef3b6d9235090037613d29b1

So if any members can think of any other forums ,news groups ,The Times front page ,foc of course pls copy the link and paste there also must be loads of other forums with absolutely no connection to dogs ,ie craft forums ,news forums ,car forums ,diy forums the list must go on and on and I bet on each forum there will be Cavalier Pet owners who will be ever so pleased to help ,all I want is signatures from people who have a Cavalier and the only exclusion are members of the UK CKCS Club as they have their own petition .So pls all members help yourselves and copy and post it where you think fit ,tupup developed the idea I did a bit of initial leg work but pls we now need more help from all members ,if you own a plane fly a banner behind it ,if you own a loo paper factory get the link printed on them .There are a lot of very intelligent ladies here who keep me well behaved so your assistance in spreading the word would be greatly appreciated by all and pls remember the main reason we are doing it is solely to improve the future health of our beloved dogs ,so pls pls members who haven't signed have a think and do it your Cavalier needs it now.
:jump::jump::jump::jump:

Hi Karlin

Your a STAR what about the front page of THE SUN any contacts there:),there still seems to be a lot of signiicant members who i thought would sign even some that I know have affected dogs with SM ,I am highly surprised I can only think
1 They have no intrerest
2 They have signed but not decared as a post on CT
3 For some reason they disagree, which is of course allowed
4 Apathy
5 They are members on other forums and do not want to be seen supporting us.
6,7,8 Lots more my small brain cant think of

But surely signing costs nothing and if members do it can only benefit our dogs,so pls pls if you havent signed have a rethink and pls do so.:confused:

Hi Karlin thank you ever so much for putting it on your other site:D:D

Brian your talents are wasted my friend,have you thought of becoming a member of parliment?:rotfl:youre right tho with so many of us here we could come up with some cracking promotion ideas, anybody know anybody in high places?
:lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Gx

Thank you Margaret C! ive just spotted your post, that is much appreciated:D thats one of the things i like about this too, that we are all working together to achieve the same goal& there is power in numbers isnt there:)

a little idea ive just had is a simple one, i know but what if we all rung our vets & asked them pretty please to tell all their cavalier customers?

Gx

I have try to signed but your box is full
---Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie---Jake)

K9 Magazine

Pet Owners: Can You Help the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?

April 24, 2009 by K9 Magazine News Editor

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are a breed that need supporters. They need supporters within the breed who will do the right thing and fight for mandatory screening in the ongoing fight against the dreadful, painful, horrific disease,Syringomyelia. A petition has been set up asking pet owners to get involved in this debate. Please do take a look.
Background (Preamble):
At the recent AGM of the UK CKCS club there was an amendment presented to the committee to formally adopt the SM (Syringomyelia a chari like skull malformation that results in a lifetime of excruciating pain and even early death ) breeding guidelines into the Code Of Ethics of the UK CKCS Club, this amendment was originally passed but after an infusion of late noisy arrivals who vociferously protested against the acceptance the vote was retaken and then overturned much to the disgust of many including a large majority of the committee.
To us pure pet owning people who neither breed nor show we are appalled how a noisy few can treat the vast of the general public with such contempt, we are the majority who at the end of the day buy/rescue/adopt all these puppies that the breeders and show people produce and then consider not up to the required standard and cast aside either in good health or bad as shown in the recent BBC documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed.
We the public buying Cavalier owners consider therefore that the adoption of the SM Guidelines into the Uk CKCS breeding Code Of Ethics an essential tool against this horrible affliction that affects our dogs and therefore implore the UK CKCS Club to include it. Please all Cavalier owning people across the globe help our Cavalier Spaniels by signing our petition.
Thank You.

SIGN THE PETITION HERE
A friend in the media

This is "our" petition

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/2311/pet-owners-can-you-help-the-cavalier-king-charles-spaniel/

My Goodness. I can't believe how efficient you guys are.

You should try and get the result this petition submitted to the Bateson Review, which ends, I think on the 15th May.

I'm cheering you on from the sidelines.

Margaret C

Hi Margaret:mexwav:

And a VERY BIG HURRAY ,next the European Court Of Cavalier Rights:drivecar::drivecar::drivecar:

Thanks and Biggest Best Wishes:thnx:

tupup and brian

I seem to have missed out on this debate. Brian, would you mind explaining what the SM Guidelines actually say? And why was this amendment opposed at the meeting? Surely the opposing members had some motive beyond contempt?

Hi

And thanks Pauline you are a star and so is my Dylan:rah:cavtiny
:lotsaluv::jump:(y)

Warmest Wishes
and Big Thanks
Brian
we are going to have a clean sweep ,so stuff all those nasty folk on CC who I believe are attacking us as we dare have the balls to stand up to them ,thankfully they wont be hear long cos after we have finished nobody will buy anything from that money grabbing unethical out dated batch of nobodies that will be certain ,our posts and petition will be in all the papers, radio stations, national radio, all forums you name them we will approach them power to us pet owning public ,the show mob and some indifferent breeders have bullied thier wayfor far to long .Their time is finished go now while you can.

Back