• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What age did you start training your cav?

Daisy doesn't sit because she is shown - I don't want her to learn to sit. We have however been doing Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze, using stand and down instead of sit - she was doing really well but unfortunately came into season so missed her test. We will try again later in the year.

It's a challenge - I've done competitive obedience in the past with my Cavaliers, so am used to training, but teaching without using sit has been interesting!!

Sometimes with teaching stand they will sit down, as you then have to touch them to get them to stand, and they crave the attention - I found using a 2nd lead looped under the belly works as you can lift them with that rather than touching them.

I've always found 'stand' difficult to teach, but that's more my fault because we use the 'sit' command so much at home.

Our bunch of miscreants come from puppy farms originally, so won't ever enter a show ring ;););) .... unless it's a fancy dress comp lol.

I think sit stand and stay sound too similar for some puppies to learn. We use sit, up and wait and I've found it more effective.

Jen and Ilsa

Back