• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does anyone try and keep there cavs off there furniture???

Our little Yoko thinks she is one of us! She sits right between my wife and I .....but she is daddys girl.....and when we go to bed it's right into bed and down under the sheets just like we do! It's not unusual to wake up in the middle of the night and she is sleeping with her head on my pillow right next to mine!
She follows me everywhere I go and will not go outside or sit on the couch until I do first.

Dixie sounds just like your Yoko. She goes wherever she wants, and, yes, her head has been on the pillow many times....:)

Them pics are so sweet...I think we just gave up...I layed on the couch w/my back out and he just layed there w/me it was so comfy...I love it... he kept looking up at me every few min up and backwards...like you still there or I luv you mommy LOL! Since I vacuum so much already I will just vacuum the couch but he will only be allowed on this one..he has a comfy big dog bed that he does lay in also..but he doesnt shed to bad I dont think..and my son seems to be doing ok....better than I thought..

We have had Jasper since he was 8 weeks old, he`s now 9yrs the intention was he did not go on the furniture, but he thought better!, he used to lie on the top of the chair and even upside down on it, it had such a deep soft cushion on it, but then we changed out suite to leather so now we put a throw on it, it`s the best chair in the room and he spends more time in it than us, even when we used to say he could`nt get up on it or our laps if he was wet , he always nuzzles into my legs and with those eyes he always gets his way, he over the years has trained us all well.:badgrin:

I don't allow my two on the couch, I noticed a huge change in their attitude when they were allowed up, Prince got way too bold and bossy when he was allowed on the furniture like he was king of the house. I have a comfey blanket on the sitting room floor which they lie on when we are watching tv. They mostly like to snuggle up together in their own beds though. I dont mind getting down to their level for snuggles, I just dont agree that they should be allowed on the furniture when it changes their behaviour. I wouldnt like to go into someones house and get covered in dog hair when I sit on the sofa, not everyone would appreciate it, as much as I love my fur babies, I think they should know their place.

Generally mine are allowed on the furniture. I do suffer with allergies so the dogs are restricted to the kitchen and living room where I have wood and tiles on the floors and leather couches - all easily washable. I have a baby gate across the living room door and this keeps them off the carpeted areas.

They have obviously learned from example:

013.jpg

We tried at the start but Holly has weaseled her way first onto the couch, then onto my oh's chair and then onto our bed. Wouldn't have it any other way tho, love my cuddles with her, especially on cold winter nights!:p

Back