Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anyone have there Cav's hair cut?

Post Thanks / Like

We just started shaving our two for summer. Plus it is nice for our girl who has very fine, coarse hair that knots and mats easily, so this way she doesn't get any problems from it.

Before shaving:

After shaving:

I love how it brings out Charlie's freckles, and Indy seems to have more energy with less hair on her. I don't trim the ears much, so that they still have that Cavalier look to them, but I trim everything else as best I can.
    Kelly ~ Charlie (M Tri)

Post Thanks / Like

I shave my lady for the Summer, she just can't deal with the heat (not that Irelands gets very hot!) and collapsed from it before we shaved her. When she is all done she has a new lease of life! I also heard that shaving changes their coat texture, I haven't experienced this at all - she has quite a soft, thick coat and always has had. Once the colder months roll around her coat is back in and looking great! (we leave her ears, don't shave them at all, just a trim).

As far as manly bits go - I trim all my boys, and also around their belly just infront of their bits. I find it really helps with *ahem* aim () and prevents them peeing on themselves.

katc10 - love the freckles

Post Thanks / Like

Actually that doesnt look bad at all...do you do it yourself...or do you have a grommer do it??? I might have to keep that pics LOL! so when he gets older I might have to....They still are the cutest little ones

Also I think they look younger like puppy's again...so cute.

Proud Mom of Boy/Girl Twins..."Brandon & Brianna"
    Now a Proud Mom of our New Puppy
    Born 1/1/2009 "Rex"

Post Thanks / Like

lorebringer - thanks!

luvhavinbgtwins - I do the trimming myself. We're not made of money, and it's easy enough to do myself that I don't see the point in paying someone to do it for me. I just wait til the dogs are napping and do it then, as they're more relaxed and tolerant to my bothersome tasks (we do the same for trimming their nails). You hit it on the nose too - I love how it makes them look like puppies again!

Just be ready with the vacuum for clean up, and I still can't quite get all the little doggy hairs out of my clothes afterward!

(this photo was after only trimming the top of his body)
    Kelly ~ Charlie (M Tri)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    I keep Archie trimmed,becos we have 2 acres here and he loves the back field,and rolling.
    I started getting Clancy groomed a year or so ago, and will never let his long hair grow back! He totally believes he is a sporting breed, and spends tons of time bombing through the underbrush chasing little woodland critters. Then he'd bring home all the sticks and leaves in his belly feathers and leave them in our bed! He also truly loathes being brushed.

He does indeed resemble a St. Bernard puppy when he's shaved, but I like it! And everyone he meets thinks he's adorable (and tells him so).

It gets quite hot here in the summer, so being clipped makes him more comfortable. In the winter, he has a selection of Fido Fleece jackets to wear.
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver