• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good News Bella has got her Gold Award

team bella

Bella has finally achieved her Good Citizen Gold award. :pi*no:
It's taken quite some time to get there and I often thought it was an award too far. I even changed dog school because the trainer seemed to think she'd never get there, and was always the class clown, but she's done it now. I'm glad I stuck with it even though some of the exercises were a little challenging for her, particularly the stop the dog in an emergency. Bella just would not stop and just wanted to run straight over to me, and kiss me. :lotsaluv: Whilst I normally love cavi kisses, the months spent trying to perfect this exercise were painful. :bang: One day, just out the blue she just did it !!! you could have knocked me down with a feather. lots of kisses that day. Now she stops no problem. I'm so proud of her. I think she knows she's the gold princess as she now has a very proud look about her.

WOW many congratulations - there's a lot of work to get that award so you should be very proud of yourself and of Bella (y)

STOP is one thing we should all teach our dogs - it could actually save their lives one day...

Congratulations to you and Bella. :*nana:
I am currently working towards the Gold with Minnie know how difficult it is. Minnie does a super emergency stop then creeps towards me on her tummy.:p

well done - its hard work - Merlin has passed his , but its that emergency stop that is causing Oakley to fail his everytime - he just wants to get to me!

:w*w:cl*pcl*pcl*pWell done to both you and Bella. It goes to show we should never give up!

Both Maddie and Pippin have got their gold as well - but I haven't because OH did it with them. Maddie's problem was the relaxed isolation - but she suddenly clicked with that the week before the test. Pippin had to repeat his out of sight down stay on the night - there was also a puppy class going on and he just wanted to go and meet all the puppies to play!:D OH was actually asked not to leave him so he wouldn't distract the other dogs.:jump: One other dog, Daisy, also broke the stay (popped up into a sit when her owner re-appeared!) so Daisy and Pippin repeated it at the end, and both were as good as gold (pardon the pun ;))

The training school we go to has Trained Dog awards that follow on from the good citizen, and Maddie has passed part 1 (Again with OH) . The emergency stop there is an emergency down when they're running away from you towards a toy that you've thrown. That took some work. Maddie kept stopping, turning round and running back to OH. :jump: Bless.:lotsaluv:

Back