• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dog hairs in the car

harleyfarley

I have a cover for his seat in the car, but they seem to get everywhere else, anyone got any good ideas to get them off, ive got a animal dyson, and ive tried celotape be limited success. im thinks of getting some leather effect seat covers just to stop this, will it work though. di

Well i have no cure for you,but you want to see the van.Archie really moulting BAD.It goes up my nose and tickles which makes me sneeze.

Have you tried double sided tape on a paint roller? Sounds crazy but it does work - just wrap the tape around the roller and roll up the hairs. I think the double sided tape is stickier than just normal tape.

Leather seats are the only way to go I think. My car (un-leather seated 95 Toyota) is actually a giant hairmat on wheels.

If you're really determined to keep your car clean,have it professionally valetted and then keep Doggie out! My husband is always annoyed when he has to drive my car:p. When Miss Dizz travels with him,she always goes in her crate,it's the only way to keep her from shedding hair all over the seats.
On the plus side,she's not the one who leaves sweet wrappers,drink cans and crumbs on the car seats and she has never,ever lost a stylus from a nintendo DS lite down the sides of the seat;) nor has she attempted to wear football boots on the upholstery.Carnage is all relative really.
Sins

Hi
I totally agree with Karlin as my previous CRV had cloth seats and this one has leather ,it is so much easier ,especially as I insist to Dawn that as I provide a free taxi service she can at least provide a free valetting service . :)

I keep one of those sticky rollers in my car too. It does the trick in a pinch (if one remembers to do it BEFORE the passenger attempts to get in). OH complains that he needs to allow extra time to 'roll the seat' whenever he rides with me. Small price to pay.

oh my gosh, my car has black seats and carpets and gray dash/moulding etc. The seats are that slightly fuzzy stuff and it grabs everything. It shows every speck of dust, crumb and, of course hair. Even though mine ride in their crate, my car is constantly covered in dog hair. I've come to accept it. When I vacuum, it seldom lasts more than a couple days. Heck, everything I have is covered in hair. Not only do I have cavs, but a malamute mix and a collie who are both MOLTING right now as the weather warms. I could stuff a pillow with what I get off Kaya every day this time of year.

I also have leather seats, but that just means that any hair in the car just flies through the air instead of sticking to the seats! If I'm driving with my windows open, the hair is just all over the place. It just flies from the back of my SUV, where I have my pack ride, up to the front and swirls all around my face. I don't know if there's any solution. I do use a lint roller on my clothes before I get out of the car. But like Brotymo said, dog hair is just part of my life now - especially with four dogs. It flavors all of my cooking and adds a lovely pattern to all of my clothes!

The covers can be awkward . I just hoover regularly...not with hand dyson. Too big and awkward. Ordinary hoover is the only way to go..

I find the Atlas 80 crate is ideal in the back of my small Ford Fiesta. It keeps all the hairs out the car

I find a pair of Marigolds dipped in warm water with the excess shaken off works a treat. Use in a circular motion and a huge pile of dog hairs appears and is easily picked up.

Pledge's Pet Hair Eraser is my new friend! It does a great job getting the dog hair off my black clothe car seats. Plus it runs around 4 dollars and I cheat by popping off the roller and emptying it to continue to use it.

Not car related but when i got her i decided i would have *ruby clothes* & *non ruby clothes* to be kept seperate, lol how silly was i :D of course i now just have ruby everything,bed,home,work,all clothes & ive got really quite used to picking ruby fluff out of my cuppas!!

I have a cover for his seat in the car, but they seem to get everywhere else, anyone got any good ideas to get them off, ive got a animal dyson, and ive tried celotape be limited success. im thinks of getting some leather effect seat covers just to stop this, will it work though. di

Keep a pair of Marigolds in the car they work wonders when worn of course in getting dogs hairs of upholstery(y)

Nanette

My Town Car is all leather seats and I don't seem to have a lot of problems as I take it to the car wash weekly and it seems to do the trick!

Loves my cavaliers....I laughed so hard at your post. Thanks for the smile. :D

My car is always covered with hair. I'm a slut, I just let it happen, & usually wear clothes that don't show hairs.

I do have to remember to warn passengers not to wear black.

The car gets cleaned out once a year before it goes for annual servicing under the motability scheme ( you are suppose to keep it up to a certain standard as part of the contract ) My husband takes it and does a deal with the car wash service at our local Tesco.

Margaret C

Back