• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Are your Cavaliers *barkers*?

How much does your Cavalier bark?

• Total voters

chloe92us

This should be fun!

WHEN YOU GO IN TO VOTE, AND YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DOGS...SIMPLY CHECK THE BOX THAT APPLIES TO EACH DOG. In other words, you can vote multiple times on the same attempt, but I don't think you can go in later and vote again! Since each of your dogs is probably different, please be sure to vote for each one.

Here are the descriptions:

1) I can count on one hand the number of times he/she has barked
2) Rarely barks (only at upside-down umbrellas, or at something he/she has never seen before or in certain situations)
3) Only barks when someone is at the door
4) Barks at the door, birds, squirrels, any noise outside, other dogs, and other times, usually with cause but not obsessively
5) Barks obsessively and compulsively (ie; barks ALOT and for apparently no reason)

Last edited:
Ours barks as soon as she sets foot outside the door & at the tv. when we go for walks , in the car , at the door, when she's having a drink .......

though she was worse before I got her

I have got 2 cavaliers Barney only barks if someone is at the door. Jake barks when we go out in the car so cannot really answer the question
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Bobby barks when he's excited! So when we are in the car and just turning into the carpark, when we start a walk, if we go somewhere new he will bark to tell everyone he has arrived and to tell me what lovely things he can see. I find the calmer I am with him the sooner he's quiet!
He doesn't bark at the door.

My Brian isn't a "barker", but he does bark when he's in bed upstairs and he hears someone at the door at night, like when one of the family comes home late. He doesn't bark when someone's at the door during the day, though.

He also barks when I scold him, just like a child back-talking to me!

Oh, he'll bark when he sees a cat outside, but I'm trying to train him to ignore them.

Harry is not a barker, the only time he barks is if he sees another dog walking by the house, he does sound very funny trying to put on his 'guard dog bark':D
He will also bark in frustration when he fails, again, to catch the neighbours cats that come into the garden!
Charlie was quite yappy to begin with,but he too dosn't bark much now, with him its usually when he's playing with Harry:p

Mine wouldn't really be barkers apart from when the doorbell goes but they are quick to hush. Cody barks when she's excited, when we first get home etc or if she wants something one of the others has. Abigail will bark outside at night if she has access to the garden, but doesn't do this during the day. Jasmine will bark if she's asked to sleep in the kitchen :rolleyes:

Jasper is virtually silent indoors ... except when he hears distressed animal noises on TV .... but outside :lpy: !!
Cars, strange dogs, strange cats, strange humans, or just general 'I'm so excited I'm going out!'
Sometimes when he has just woken up, he'll do his 'I'm a giant Rottweiler' bark just in case he's missed an intruder getting in :badgrin: Does that make him a 4.5??

I was going to post about this!

Poppy barks at anything & everything & sometimes nothing & i cant seem to calm her down! if there is something to bark at my other two - whos breed is known for not barking join in - otherwise they look at her as though she is nuts!

Poppy barks at any animal on tv, any slight noise and sometimes i dont know what she is barking at!

Both Casey & Alfie bark at dogs and cats on TV. They hate the Mighty Dog commercial. They also bark if someone comes to the door. Casey has an entirely (one woof) different kind of bark when he wants to go to bed, eat or go out--a "demanding" kind of bark.

Dixie's favorite pastime is sitting on a chair and looking out the window. She will spend hours doing this. She barks everytime someone walks by especially if they are walking a dog..... She goes crazy when she sees another dog walk by.....

Dylan barks when someone passes the window, when he sees/hears another dog, sees a cat, hears a noise. One of the funniest is whenever he goes out my grans front door. It all started one day a few months ago when he ran out her front door and a big dog was standing at the fence. He got the fright of his life and now barks everytime we open the door to put him out lol.

Bailey rarely ever barks. She will occasionaly bark to get your attention if she feels she is being ignored or if Dylan is playing with a toy/chew that she wants lol.

Bandit isn't a barker, but certain things will get him barking. He likes to hunt moths on the back porch. If one is out of his reach, he bangs on the back door and barks for me, then when I come out he runs to where it is and looks up wanting me to swat it down where he can reach it. He barks at dogs or weird things on TV and he barks when he really gets excited. He is more of a "talker" than a barker. He makes this noise like he is chewing at the same time that he is whining. It is so funny.
Lizzie, on the other hand gets to barking with far less provocation. She will actually watch for the neighbor's dogs or cats to come outside so she can bark at them. She will bark for me to pay attention to her. She barks at things she gets scared of.So, I'd say neither of them is an annoying barker. Bandit isn't really a barker at all, but Lizzie has a more sensitive "bark trigger" than him.

Rosie barks at ANY animal (and sometimes people) on the TV - she goes absolutely bonkers!

If an advert comes on with an animal on it, I have to turn over very quickly - even if she is fast asleep. She seems to sense when they are on.

Sometimes she will bark at the doorbell, other times she will try to race me to the door!

If she sees someone or something strange when she's in the garden, she will whine rather than bark.

Don't think you can vote more than once on a poll. Was anyone able to?

If you click on the number totals, you can see who voted for what and I can see at least one person who voted on two answers so I guess you can vote for each dog you have. :)

Karlin- Not sure if you can do it numerous *times*, but if you go in to put your vote, you can check multiple boxes. Nice feature on the poll I might add.

I love the fact that Sasha rarely barks. When I hear her bark, I always check it out... it's usually something important, like a strange car in front of the house, or she has to go out.

When Lucky barks it is usually because he's seen a squirrel. :rotfl:

Sparky's nickname is "Barky" ... He will bark for no reason at all. I am sure he has a reason, but I can't figure it out. It is usually because he gets excited ... often it's a happy bark, but it's a persistent, high pitched annoying bark. I love him but I wish I could figure out how to tame that bark. :rolleyes:

Back