Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Cavs reverse sneeze???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cy1266 View Post
    they're my little piggies
    My lady is called "piggie" in our house - she snorts about the place (esp when she is on the hunt for food) and generally acts like a pig! She also reverse sneezes a bit, usually after eating her food too fast or when she is playing with the others. My Cav boy hasn't done it yet, but he is still a baby so only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine nearly always does it the first few yards of a walk but only lasts a few seconds then she calms down a bit...

Post Thanks / Like

They don't do it a whole lot, but they usually do it when I least want them to!
    Yes, exactly! Like when we go into someone's house, when we go to the vet's office, the dog park, any gathering with lots of people, etc. I think people think she's deathly ill. I try to explain, but lots of them look at me like I've just brought a leperous dog in their midst! Very embarrassing. (However, not quite as embarrassing as when she goes ballistic upon seeing another dog on a walk, I have to admit. )

Post Thanks / Like

My boy used to do it occasionaly especially when he got excited on walks, he has done quite a few embarrasing things, like bark like mad and big dogs (like German Shepherds) acting like he is a tough guy when he is actually a big wimp he also does`nt like black dogs, thank goodness he has mellowed a lot over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake rarely does it anymore and Shelby does it when she gets really excited. Jake does not like it when Shelby snorts!! He looks at her really intently and will stare at her until she stops. If it last a little longer he will go over and nose her.

Had a dog do it at the health clinic. The owner didn't know what was going on and picked his dog up around her body and started shaking her he thought she was choking. Luckily there were about 30 Cavalier people standing there and someone explained to him what was happening and how to stop it.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

ONly one of mine do this...Lucie who is 3yrs.Sasha my pup is 11 mths and hasnt done it yet.
    I must admit it scared the cr*p out of me when Lucie first did it....I thought she was having an asthma attack
    A fellow cav owner seen it happen too and casually said....Yeah mine does that too its fine!
    I thought my dog was going to die ....its scary to see!
    Thankfully now i dont panic!
    Leesa
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Lucie (Blenhiem) 8th Feb 2006
    Sasha(blk n tan) 19th May 2008

Post Thanks / Like

2 out of 3 of mine do it.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

My Riley reverse sneezes every so often and like most, when he gets very excited. I didn't know what was happening the first few times. How do stop it or make it better for them. I usually just massage his throat. Would someone explain about covering their nose?? Maybe I have been doing the wrong thing.
    Pat & Riley ( 2 1/2 yr. old male B&T) New Jersey

Post Thanks / Like

Sam does it when he wants to get your attention i.e. when he wants a biscuit!!! ha ha
    Emma
    2 lovely cavs Sam and Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Pippin never has, but Maddie used to do it almost every day, when excited (and the whole world was ana exciting place ). She now only does it once every 3 months or so.

There's a man who walks a blenheim boy round here who's about the same age as Maddie (4 yrs) and last year they got so excited at seeing each other that they were both reverse sneezing. His dog had never done it before so I'm hanging on to Pippin, who looked bemused, tilting Maddie's head down and covering her nose, while trying to explain to the man what his dog was doing and what he should do about it. An elderly couple walking a border collie the other side of the road gave us the funniest look, don't know why?