Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ami my Last Cat has Passed Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ami my Last Cat has Passed Away

Hi

My Ami who was my little white rescue cat passed away during the night in her bed. She was the last of my three rescues originally it was Fudge my ginger tom who died aged 4 of feline leukemia ,and Ami who was then joined by Ben my other ginger tom and Tammi, Ben passed away about 4 yrs ago and Tammi died just after last Xmas and now my last little pussy cat Ami has gone ,it will seem so strange having no cats around ,we had actually had Ami longer than Our Luke who is 13 1/2 and we think she was around 3 when she came so at a guess her age was somewhere around 16-18 yrs. We live in a cul-de-sac so not many cars around and at the back of the house I had a big brick double glazed porch built with a cat flap built into the wall ,the original idea being they could all sleep in there ,but of course they never did they all slept in their own beds in the kitchen and where never allowed out after 9.30 pm otherwise I would be wandering around till I found them and brought them in to bed in the warmth .

Ami in her radiator bed

Well for now I still have my little possy of 8 semi feral cats at work to feed and fuss over ,at least till I start thinking about rescue cats preferably white girls and ginger boys ,we shall see.I had to phone and cancel her booking for the cattery at Eastham Woods Cattery and the two ladies who own it seemed as upset as me .I still have my Tammi in her box in the small bedroom and when Ami is ready in about 10 days I shall dig a hole in the back and put the two of them together in there ,but only when it gets a bit warmer its too cold still too stay out all night.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really sorry to hear that Brian, She must have had a wonderful life with your family.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh I am so sorry Brian; you clearly love those cats as much as all the cavaliers and as you know I am a big fan too of both cats and cavaliers so know how hard this must be. She's so beautiful -- what a pretty white cat -- you have some really lovely pictures of your gang. What a fine age for her to have reached, too. When the time is right, I am sure there will be special cats in the future too to use those radiator beds and honour all your departed cats' memories.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Brian im so terribly sorry to hear of your loss RIP little Ami beautiful girl
    take care from our home to yours Gx
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry Brian, it is awful when we lose one of our beloved animals.
    Cassie too is still waiting for the warmer weather when I will scatter her ashes where she loved to play in a stream fetching house bricks, yes you read it right.

Sleep well Tami

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Brian. She was so beautiful. She lived to a fine old age, I'm sure you will miss her terribly.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Brian, you're a real animal lover and Ami was a lucky pussycat to have a wonderful dad like you.
    It's nice to hear someone talk so lovingly about their pets as you do. There's lots of poor and unhappy animals in homes they just don't deserve, so you should be very proud that you gave Ami all the love in the world. Reading how much you cared for your cats brought back some memories.
    I always had cats before I became a cavi fanatic, and lost both my old boys about 4 years ago, within 6 months of each other. Reg was my ginger tom and the best mouser in the North. He had to be put to sleep due to an enlarged heart aged 15 and Benson my black and white gentle giant also had to cross over aged 17. He was a diabetic and I managed to control it for around 4 years. Eventually he was suffering and I had to be brave and let him go. On both occasions the vet had to let out the back door of the surgery as I was sobbing my heart out. I still have one of the old trio, Cindy, who is nearly 20 years. She's not as fit as she used to be and I hope not to have to make the decision to let her go and hope that when the time comes she passes peacefully in her bed. Either way it won't be easy.
    I did get 2 'new' cats after Reg & Benson as the house was empty without them. Perhaps in time you will do the same. God Bless Ami

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, my deepest condolences for your loss. I am so sorry. Hugs to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss, Brian. I feel so glad that she passed in the warmth and comfort of her own little bed. That is the best way to go, but it doesn't ease our pain when we lose one of our babies! I lost both of my cats a year apart, both at the ripe old ages of 17 and 15. Its a wonderful gift to have a pet that long! I will say a special prayer for little Ami tonight!
    Mom of Bella-Blenheim female born 12-29-07
    Koda, Lilly, Neo, Gizzy,-(dog,cat,birds)
    Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Madison, Brandy, Shayde, Lucas, Abraham.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian so sorry to read about the loss of Ami, she was a beautiful looking cat, and it is obvious that she had a long and happy life with you and your family.