• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ami my Last Cat has Passed Away

Brian M

Hi

My Ami who was my little white rescue cat passed away during the night in her bed. She was the last of my three rescues originally it was Fudge my ginger tom who died aged 4 of feline leukemia ,and Ami who was then joined by Ben my other ginger tom and Tammi, Ben passed away about 4 yrs ago and Tammi died just after last Xmas and now my last little pussy cat Ami has gone ,it will seem so strange having no cats around ,we had actually had Ami longer than Our Luke who is 13 1/2 and we think she was around 3 when she came so at a guess her age was somewhere around 16-18 yrs. We live in a cul-de-sac so not many cars around and at the back of the house I had a big brick double glazed porch built with a cat flap built into the wall ,the original idea being they could all sleep in there ,but of course they never did they all slept in their own beds in the kitchen and where never allowed out after 9.30 pm otherwise I would be wandering around till I found them and brought them in to bed in the warmth .

Ami in her radiator bed

2214569361_94997f2013.jpg

Well for now I still have my little possy of 8 semi feral cats at work to feed and fuss over ,at least till I start thinking about rescue cats preferably white girls and ginger boys ,we shall see.I had to phone and cancel her booking for the cattery at Eastham Woods Cattery and the two ladies who own it seemed as upset as me .I still have my Tammi in her box in the small bedroom and when Ami is ready in about 10 days I shall dig a hole in the back and put the two of them together in there ,but only when it gets a bit warmer its too cold still too stay out all night.:(

I'm really sorry to hear that Brian, She must have had a wonderful life with your family.
Sins

Oh I am so sorry Brian; you clearly love those cats as much as all the cavaliers and as you know I am a big fan too of both cats and cavaliers so know how hard this must be. She's so beautiful -- what a pretty white cat -- you have some really lovely pictures of your gang. What a fine age for her to have reached, too. When the time is right, I am sure there will be special cats in the future too to use those radiator beds and honour all your departed cats' memories.

Oh Brian im so terribly sorry to hear of your loss:( RIP little Ami beautiful girl :(
take care :hug::hug:from our home to yours Gx

So sorry Brian, it is awful when we lose one of our beloved animals.
Cassie too is still waiting for the warmer weather when I will scatter her ashes where she loved to play in a stream fetching house bricks, yes you read it right.

Sleep well Tami

Nanette

I'm so sorry Brian. She was so beautiful. She lived to a fine old age, I'm sure you will miss her terribly. :hug: :flwr:

So sorry Brian, you're a real animal lover and Ami was a lucky pussycat to have a wonderful dad like you.
It's nice to hear someone talk so lovingly about their pets as you do. There's lots of poor and unhappy animals in homes they just don't deserve, so you should be very proud that you gave Ami all the love in the world. Reading how much you cared for your cats brought back some memories.
I always had cats before I became a cavi fanatic, and lost both my old boys about 4 years ago, within 6 months of each other. Reg was my ginger tom and the best mouser in the North. He had to be put to sleep due to an enlarged heart aged 15 and Benson my black and white gentle giant also had to cross over aged 17. He was a diabetic and I managed to control it for around 4 years. Eventually he was suffering and I had to be brave and let him go. On both occasions the vet had to let out the back door of the surgery as I was sobbing my heart out. I still have one of the old trio, Cindy, who is nearly 20 years. She's not as fit as she used to be and I hope not to have to make the decision to let her go and hope that when the time comes she passes peacefully in her bed. Either way it won't be easy.
I did get 2 'new' cats after Reg & Benson as the house was empty without them. Perhaps in time you will do the same. God Bless Ami :hug:

Brian, my deepest condolences for your loss. I am so sorry. Hugs to you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss, Brian. I feel so glad that she passed in the warmth and comfort of her own little bed. That is the best way to go, but it doesn't ease our pain when we lose one of our babies! I lost both of my cats a year apart, both at the ripe old ages of 17 and 15. Its a wonderful gift to have a pet that long! I will say a special prayer for little Ami tonight!:flwr:

Brian so sorry to read about the loss of Ami, she was a beautiful looking cat, and it is obvious that she had a long and happy life with you and your family:hug:.

Oh Brian I'm so very sorry to read this - our thoughts are with you.

I know how much your cats mean to you, and you will especially miss Ami after she had been with you for so many years. Treasure that she chose to spend her life with you, and you will have many happy memories of her.

I love the photo of her, she looks very happy and content, and a beautiful cat.

I too have a special love of white cats - my "favourite" of our childhood cats was a big fluffy white boy called Pooky.

It will seem strange for you not having a cat around - thank goodness you have the ones at the office but I know it's not the same.

Take care and cuddle the Cavaliers close :flwr:

So sorry to hear that. It sounds like Ami had a long and happy life with you so hope you can take peace with that x

Am really sorry about Ami. Wot a beautiful cat she was!
Again i am also a cat owner.....and my cat has a curfew too.I have been known to wander the street shouting for Cara at rediculous times (last week it was 4.20AM she came in)....and i was up waiting for her! Hubby thinks im mental.

RIP Ami.

I feel for your loss, lost my senior boy recently. I am glad you have the crew at work, don't know what I would do without a cat.

Brian, just reading this now. I'm so sorry for your loss. It reminds me when my Chloe passed away in '06 I kept her in a box on my dresser for a day, and I kept walking over to her and checking on her, just to make sure she hadn't awaken while i was gone. The passing of our precious pets is always so hard. Big hugs to you and Dawn.

Brian, I was so sorry to read your post. You and your family have had a difficult few months it seems.
Make sure you all get lots of cuddles from your Cavalier girls, they always seem to help when we feel sad.

Back