• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ear infections

sins

Has anyone used a product called Surolan for fungal/bacterial/mite ear infections?
I got those drops from the Vet for Miss Dizz as she's been giving her ears a bit of a hard time lately. He reckons it's worth a try even though there's no evidence of any obvious infection.
Sins

Has anyone used a product called Surolan for fungal/bacterial/mite ear infections?
I got those drops from the Vet for Miss Dizz as she's been giving her ears a bit of a hard time lately. He reckons it's worth a try even though there's no evidence of any obvious infection.
Sins

Used it on Siane as she used to get fungal infections a lot but it never really stopped the infection from coming back. I started washing her ears out with apple cider vinegar and a couple of days later it had stopped it dead in its tracks. No more smelly ears since then fingers crossed :)

Hi Davy, can you tell me more about how you do that?
Do you use the vinegar straight or dilute it with water, and if so how much.

Also how often?

Thanks
Jen and Ilsa

Hi Jen

I just poured some pure vinegar in to her ear, massage the ear and then soaked it up. I did this once a day and after a couple of days notice the smell had gone and the ear didn't look so greasy any more.

Make sure the apple cider vinegar you buy has the 'mother in it.

Sins, it might be PSOM that's bothering her ears. If it continues, a CT scan could diagnose it, or an MRI scan. :flwr:

Back