• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When do pups lose there baby teeth??

luvhavinbgtwins

Rex has seemed to lost already 2 front bottom baby teeth...Will the adult ones come in right away..and when do you start to brush there teeth???

What do you use to brush there teeth???

Thanks

as Pauline said, the finger brush is good. Start brushing them first by using just your finger to get them used to the routine. I use the finger brush and also a brush that has three heads that surround the tooth. I got it at Petsmart or Petco.

A groomer friend once told me if you wrap a fabric band aid round your finger then use dog toothpaste, that's a good gentle way to brush and you can really feel what you are doing.

A good doggie only toothpaste is a must, im sure dogs arnt meant to have our flouride toothpaste. i use a poultry flavour one(yuk!) but my girl likes it. you can get them from your vets or online ie zooplus etc. Good advice here on starting with a finger brush& i have a babies toothbrush i use with Rubes:)

Our vet recommends brushing every day - which in my universe isn't likely to happen...:rolleyes:

Alice has all or almost all of her adult teeth now I think, she is 6 months... I actually found one of her little teeth & saved it... Jokingly told my hubby I was going to make a necklace with it... :lpy: haha... He really rolled his eyes... :biggrin:

Tawna

I actually found one of her little teeth & saved it... Jokingly told my hubby I was going to make a necklace with it... :lpy: haha... He really rolled his eyes... :biggrin:

Tawna

How cute! I wish I could've found Brian's baby teeth, but he must have swallowed them.

Back