• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sickness

Pepe

Hi, Can sickness be part of SM? my Cav was ill yesterday out of the blue with sickness and his back legs twitches on lying down. His legs have been having these twitches for a while now when he lies down only.

Hi Pauline, he is not on any Drugs as hes not been tested yet.

Last year he had a anal gland abscess and since then i noticed either leg depending what side hes lying on twiches out (it jerks out), i mentioned it to vets when he been since but she said it might be the tighness (sore) from his anal gland that was last july.

since then hes had sickness (which i thought was too much fresh chicken in one go) and blood in his stools which he had antibiotics for.

After speaking to Margaret the other week i am going to vet again.

Yesterday he suddenly became very clingy to me then was sick and his hind leg was bothering him by jerks. he's back to normal today.
I am going to take him to vets monday as i video him yesterday while his leg was jerking, but why was he sick as well.

If you are not happy with what your vet is telling you go and get a second opinion.
Have you ever ask your vet how much he knows about SM?
:xfngr: my three don’t have SM but one never knows what is around the corner. On my last visit I ask my vet how well he is informed about SM and I am happy to say that he spend a bit of time talking to me about it.

Back