• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rex mundi (King of the world!)

KT

Last night my mum's cavalier Rex passed away quietly in his sleep at home. He had done really well, reaching the ripe old age of nearly 13 despite suffering from many setbacks including dry eye, which made him go blind, deafness from an early age and finally a diagnosis with syringomyelia before finally succumbing to old age and a failing heart.

Despite all this, his tail never failed to wag and, even last week, he was definitely up to admiring and chatting up his long legged lady friends (my lurcher girls) when we went to visit. He was a total sweetheart and will be very much missed by Tilly and Weasel, who will wonder where their aged admirer has gone when we go there next week.

I have to say a very big thank you to this forum, Karlin & Clare Rusbridge for helping make his last few years comfortable and happy. if I had not found this site, he would have remained with a diagnosis of a slipped disc and perhaps left to suffer longer or gone before his time.

I would like to think that some will find his story heartening too - here is a dog who lived to a pretty ripe old age despite his syringomyelia and enjoyed life to the full. I will always remember the satisfied little shake he would give as he crossed the threshold when he came back in from the garden - a happy little man. Thank you all for helping me to help him.

Please light a candle tonight for a very brave little 'blunty' with a very soft squishy nose.

Night, night Rexy. xxx Sleep tight little man.

Ketty, Weasel & Tilly

I remember when you joined and first posted. I am so sorry Rex has passed away as he always sounded like such a lovely old gentleman -- but what joy he brought to everyone and he reached a fine age too and will indeed be a happy story for many of us with affected dogs. :) I am glad he was that bit more comfortable on the right medications for his golden years as well.

So sorry to hear that Rex has passed away and what a way to go - in his sleep. :hug: to you all.

I am so sorry for your loss. He was obviously much loved and will be much missed. Hugs to you all.

Thanks for sharing the story of Rex. Please tell your parents that there are Cavalier lovers all over the world who had tears in their eyes remembering him and the joy he brought. Godspeed, Rex *ng*l !

Back