• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Clean ears?

Ciren

i know as i am writing this how odd it must sound. a while ago she kept getting wax so i would clean it using drop etc. but recently theres been nothing, no wax or anything? i thought healthy ears were supposed to get wax?

I never saw wax in Brian's ears, and now I'm wondering if he should have wax.:confused: I clean his ears once a week with some kind of tree-oil drops, the name escapes me at the moment. I put in a couple of drops, hold down his ears and massage them. Then I wipe all the inner folds with a soft cloth. I hope someone else responds about the ear wax.

The ears are interesting. I had a dog that I NEVER, NOT ONCE in 14 years ever had to clean her ears! Casey could have her ears cleaned every day and the next day there would still be goop.

Yours may have had an infection when you first got her and required more cleaning. Once it cleared up, you may not need to. Don't worry about it, clean ears are a GOOD THING!!!! Clean them only when they need it, that's what I say! (Unless they are prone to infections and then you should do it regularly).

I used to have to clean India's ears weekly, but since her food allergy is under control her ears stay as clean as Geordie's and Chocolate's.

I've been cleaning their ears every two weeks or so with no problems at all. :)

Back